PDA

View Full Version : My current 1850 DE list. Take all!

Skari
03-04-2012, 08:59 PM
So, this is the list that I have been using lately. I am loving it on the table, the feel of the list is fantastic and the synergy of the units works very well against a great variety of opponents. If you like you can see this list in action on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkaredCast?feature=mhee

So. Here is the list for you who dare to venture within:

HQ/
Archon (agonizer, splinter pistol, combat drugs, shadowfield, phantasm grenade launcher)

2 x Heamies with liquifiers (each with one of the wych squads)

Elites/
4 Incubi in Venom Dual Cannon

3 Blasterborn in Venom Dual Cannon

Troops/
8 Wyches, Hex with Agon, 1 ww (take yer pick), HW grenades
Raider with FF

8 Wyches, Hex with Agon, 1 ww (take yer pick), HW grenades
Raider with FF

5 Warriors Blaster in Raider w/FF
5 Warriors Blaster in Venom Dual Cannon

3 Wracks

Fast Attack/
6 Reaver Jetbikes, 2 Blasters, Champion

Heavy Support/
Ravager FF, NS, 3 lances
Ravager FF, NS, 3 lances

Razorwing, FF, 2 dissies, splinter cannon

Well, thanks a lot for reading though. Of course any comments are appreciated!

Cheers.

Shadow Puppet
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
That looks like a really solid list. Have you experimented with the huskbalde on the Archon at all?

chipstar1
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
3 Blasterborn in Venom Dual Cannon
5 Warriors Blaster in Raider w/FF
5 Warriors Blaster in Venom Dual Cannon

3 Wracks

Well, thanks a lot for reading though. Of course any comments are appreciated!

Cheers.

I've quoted the things I don't like too much. I think blasterborn are ok, but in order to move close to the enemy, you're going 12" in your venom. Then in order to shoot your blaster, you're getting out. So these are just suicide units, essentially, and with the fragility of DE, I find that suiciding anyways is even more reckless. I personally like Trueborn with 2 dark lances hiding in some bushes.

The 5 warriors in a Raider, 5 Warriors in a Venom. Do you just want 1 more of each vehicle in the list?

3 Wracks, on foot? I don't understand this selection at all.

One thing to consider when putting Haemi's with Wyches (which is a fantastic tactical choice): remember haemi's dont have fleet, so if your wyches are jumping out of the raider and looking to assault, make sure to leave the haemi behind.

RE: huskblade, overpriced, not worth it. S3.

bethor
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm going to have to agree w/ chipstar on the wracks and huskblade, and its pretty much a requirement to give the wyches a token to start.

On the wracks, 5 on foot to come in off reserve is helpfull for taking your home objective, i'm just afraid three may be a bit to squishy.
You can buy the extra wracks by dropping the arena champion on the bikes. You don't want his extra cc attack, because you don't want to be in assault, and if you are having to take morale checks, there probably aren't enough left to save.
Also, you don't need the grenades on the archon. I assume he is chillin with wyches, and the hekatrix can take the launcher for 10 points versus 25 for boss. Save the incubi for killing off weaker units, fast.

Overall a solid list, just consider a bigger wrack unit.