PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Space Marines v Daemons

Shotgun Justice
03-04-2012, 08:27 PM
hi all

I'm playing against Daemons for the first time on weds and thought I'd get some feedback. I've only ever skim read the Daemons codex and so have a basic knowledge of what I may be up against - which I quite like. I also don't know what style of Daemon army my opponent will bring so I've just modified one of my normal lists.

v.1
Librarian, terminator armour w storm shield, null zone & 2nd power tbc

x2 Tactical Squad, melta, missile launcher, power fist, Rhino (1x with teleport homer)
x1 Tactical Squad, flamer, missile launcher, power fist, teleport homer, Rhino

Sternguard x5, x3 combi-melta, heavy flamer, melta bombs, Rhino

Terminator Assault Squad x5, x2 lightning claws x3 THSS

x2 Landspeeder hb & typhoon ml
Landspeeder multi-melta & heavy flamer

1500 pts

The Tactical squads will most likely combat squad into 2 15 man groups, 1 backfield & one objective grabber with the Sternguard playing aggressively.
I know the Terminators have no transport but I'll either use them to screen, offer counter assault or if I'm feeling brave teleport them down.

option 2 is to drop the terminators and the terminator armour on the librarian, he joins the sternguard and I buy a Dreadnought with multi-melta, heavy flamer & extra armour and a Vindicator with siege shield.

Cheers

deviant_cadaver
03-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Melta will almost differently not be needed. A transport for the Librarian could cause some headaches.

Rest looks solid enough.

Shotgun Justice
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Librarian plays with the terminators, guess he'll just have to skip along with them.
I hear you on the melta - it's just I can't quite bring myself to tailor completely, I could swap for flamers but my lists almost always use those tactical squads as a base and the Sternguard I just think are cool.

new version that I will most likely use as I haven't found time to get the terminators out of the paint stripper and get their arms back on:

Librarian, bp & force weapon, avenger & null zone.

x1 Tactical Squad, melta, missile launcher, power fist, Rhino
x1 Tactical Squad, flamer, missile launcher, power fist, Rhino
x1 Tactical Squad (5man) combi-flamer, Razorback

Sternguard x5, x3 combi-melta, heavy flamer, Rhino

Dreadnought w. multi-melta & heavy flamer
Dreadnought w. assault cannon & storm bolter

x2 Landspeeder w. hb & typhoon ml
x1 Landspeeder w. multi-melta & heavy flamer

Vindicator w, siege shield

Sethimath
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Demons are one of those armies where if you don't know what your opponent can bring to the table, they can bring some heavy amounts of shooting or none at all. I prefer your top list because it has a good balance of both.

Far as the terminators go, i would foot slog them if you face off against a khrone demon or nurgle centered list and hold them to deepstrike if your opponent is field some Teenzch heavy things, like flamers.

Shotgun Justice
03-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I used the 2nd list due to model availability and I've posted the battle rep
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=181179#post181179

Krisken
03-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Definitely not an experienced Daemon player from what I read of the report (which was just the list). Sounds like youl had fun, though :)