Like the title says.

Werewolves
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/Warhammer_Monsters/SKIN-WOLVES.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/skinwolves.jpg

Frogs
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/ARCANE_FROGS.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/arcfrogs.jpg

Boom

Edit: Actually the title says werewolfs due to Friday evening brain malfunction, but you get the point

I NoSe
03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
I need those Werewolves!

Wildeybeast
03-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I think they have done quite a nice job on them, though they perhaps lack a 'warhamer' feel for me, quite generic. I love the frogs.

Brakkart
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't think much of the frogs myself, but the Werewolves (or Skin Wolves as FW calls them) are rather nice models. I quite like their description too:

When this horror is unleashed, there is no mere transformation from man into beast; instead a great humanoid wolf-thing bursts fully-formed from the body of the human. Lean and half-insane with Chaos-tainted hunger, the Skin Wolf is so-named for the scraps and tatters of flesh and chunks of gristle that cling to its hulking frame; all that remains of the human form it once bore. Only once battle is spent and their voracious hunger sated will the transformation be reversed, the flesh of the Skin Wolf collapsing into a pallid and terrible mass from which the human must tear itself free

It would seem that whoever wrote that has been watching the Van Helsing movie, because the werewolves in that tear themselves out of their human host when they transform. Which is pretty cool!

Wildeybeast
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I liked the description as well. I also like the rules, not too OP, but they give you some decent monstrous infantry that you can tailor by adding marks of chaos.

celestialatc
03-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow....those Skin Wolves look awesome. I would love to see them in a new Warriors of Chaos book instead of Ogres!

eldargal
03-02-2012, 08:55 PM
I love the frogs, going buy lots.

Crazeh
03-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Huzzah! My woes about the Varghulf model are solved. I'll be using one of these Werewolf badboys instead!

Thornblood
03-03-2012, 07:30 PM
FW plugged a massive hole in the WH range- Giant werewolves. I love these models. Very different feel to the Rackham Wolfen ranges and the PP Orboros. They would make very nice feral and pureblood warpwolves.

Infact the fluff seems a bit to similar to the Privateer Press Warpwolves to me, Admittedly I dont know them perfectly either way....

But really nice models. proportions seem very much like the Dr Who Werewolf to me on the original torchwood episode with queen vic in it.

Shame its put my expectations for Redmaw way out the window.

Stad
03-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I agree the fleshwolves look great, but the frogs...

Well my last tourney made frogs for our SoM scenerio where we had 20 wizards slugging it out... Liked those... and much cheaper than resin....

Grovel
03-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I really hope those Chaos marks are a sign of things to come for the new book... Would make me a very happy little megalomaniac.

That being said, they strike me as more suited to Vampire Counts than Chaos given the obvious thematic connection between Werewolves and Vampires.

DanteSuper
03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Love the werewolfs !

Bumble
03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
They look more like poppa skaven then Werewolves but eh. Now the third eye frog ... sexy!

:)

TomTheWulff
03-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Between Wulfric the wanderer, Curs'd Ettin and these skin wolves you could really do a really theme based "cursed by chaos" army.
Also, super cool wolves.

Cyberpunk66
03-06-2012, 10:27 AM
The skinwolves look awesome! I esp like the one on all 4's...

Glossopovich
03-06-2012, 10:55 AM
I really have no idea why they didn't do these for vampire counts, they would've looked great next to my terrorgheist :(

kargie
03-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Skinwolves. . . pretty cool models, meh rules.
Frogs. . . I want them. And more that represent other wizards that I play (love the staff on the base of one of them).

Thrasymachos
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Amazing models. I love the Arcane Frogs - I recently played a Storm of Magic game where all the wizards were turned into frogs. It would have been extra hilarious to have actual minis to represent them in their amphibious state!

As for the Werewolves, I wonder how they compare, size-wise, with the new plastic Warpwolf kit from Privateer...

Orminah
03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I would love to have some Skinwolves to represent super-charged Rat Ogres or some such nonesense. Does anyone know if these are "official" models, like the Chaos Dwarf army list?

Kaiserdean
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm loving the frogs. I've got an old Talisman frog I use for when I turn an enemy mage into a toad... It's only happened once though.

Derkus
03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
I would love to have some Skinwolves to represent super-charged Rat Ogres or some such nonesense. Does anyone know if these are "official" models, like the Chaos Dwarf army list?
I believe that they will be putting out another book (like Tamurkhan) can't recall what it is supposed to be called. It will be heavy magic stuff like SoM from what I understand.

Those toads are reasonably priced for being Forgeworld... only £8... practically a steal!

Wildeybeast
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
It's called Monstrous Arcana and if I understand corectly it is basically a book full of scrolls of binding for new monsters to use in SoM games

Enigmai
03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
My Night Goblin Shaman is running with the Siverjir's Hex Scroll (turns enemy wizards into toads) so the frogs are perfect!

Overdose
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
I see alternative models for my Crypt Horrors. Want!