PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel Paint Pot

Grenadier
02-27-2012, 05:56 AM
Or water cup or whatever the Hell you call it. I thought it would be great. I examined the pics of it on the website. It looked as if it could suspend your brushes safely in water without them touching the sides or bottom. But it doesn't! When I got mine I tested it out and every brush I tried slipping into the slots still hit the bottom of the cup. I put them in their correct slots as well. The cup is basically just too short. So its a piece of crap and I don't use it. A wasted few bucks.

And for me every hobby tool and supply is precious. There's no shop near me to buy stuff at. And this is not a joke: there is nowhere in my county to buy any kind of modeling glue! I used to use Testor's with the precision neck. Would buy it at Walmart. Lo and behold one day Walmart stopped carrying it. I asked why. And I was told because people are using modeling glue in making meth! So now because of meth I have to go out of town just to get glue! And Walmart does not carry any decent brushes.

So every brush, every tool, everything is as precious as gold to me. So here's a big (insert expletive and rude gesture) to Citadel for creating a crap lousy paint pot. I had hoped using it would extend my brushes longevity but if I do use it then it'll just deform the bristles. Thanks for nothing ya jerks!

eldargal
02-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Yep, as much as I love GW their hobby tools are rubbish. Really their intended audience is people who need something NOW and happen to be in a GW store. I never tried their cup thing myself, I just assumed it would be rubbish. Is there no art supplies store where you can better quality stuff? The glue thing would be infuriating, I always try and make sure I always have a spare tube in case I forget and run out but at least there is always somewhere within half an hours drive that has superglue.

MaltonNecromancer
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
I didn't think you were supposed to store brushes in water anyway (art teacher friend informed me one day), so it seemed like a bad idea anyway.

Can you not get glue upon The eBay?

Cherub
02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
I have one of those. It worked really well with the older brushes. Don't store your brushs in water though it wrecks them.

templarboy
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
OP, Hobby Lobby and Michael's are all over the US. I order my brushes from DickBlick.com. That site has W&n series 7 for less than half retail. I go to Wal Mart to buy Blu Rays, never (shudder) modelling materials.

Grenadier
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Hey Templarboy, I'm a Templar player myself. Good to know there's plenty of men in black on here.

Yes Eldargal the glue thing infuriates me to no end. As for the paint pot I shall do to it what I do to all pieces of equipment, gizmos, and other objects which fail me: use it for target practice.

While there are Walmarts and art stores and the like all over America there isn't here. I think many who live outside of Appalachia can't comprehend the sheer magnitude of its utter failure. There is but only one single Walmart in my county.

I never deal with online shopping except on the occasions I order a batch of models from GW. And when I do I always order some glue and stuff. Methinks it is time to make another order soon.

faolan
02-27-2012, 07:51 PM
For your hobby tools, since you are in the hell known as Applachia (how the hell does someone there even AFFORD this hobby?!), go over to Squadron.com and use them.

lobster-overlord
02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Well, he's obviously got enough for a computer, so he must be the richest person in the area...

Grenadier
02-28-2012, 07:41 AM
A computer that is six years old and woefully lacking in every way let me tell you. It won't even let me cut and paste anymore. It'll crap out on me sooner or later I expect.

It's not so much a matter of not having enough money. It's a matter of easier access. To be honest I don't have as much money as I would to have to support this hobby. But that's offset by the lack of opponents. The upside to that is I do have ample time to work on models. And so whenever I'm out of town somewhere and there's a shop I pay it a visit. And when necessary I'll order directly from Games Workshop. One to two times a year I'll order a batch of stuff. It would be nice though if a shop was much closer to me for convenience and setting up games.