PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Green stuff question

Wildeybeast
02-25-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm thinking that the liquid greenstuff is going to be really useful for me, but I'm going to use it sparignly and I don't want to waste it. So my question is has anybody experienced it drying out like the paints do if not used for a while? If so is this reversible?

miksaa
02-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, I guess mine have been around for early November and seen eight or nine different sessions, and it have become somewhat thicker. What I have done to make it last abit longer is to drop one drop of water after each session and swirl the pot gently to spread the moisture over the surface of the top in the jar.

Most important advice is to take an amount you think will be enough for the task and then make sure to close the lid while doing the application of the green stuff.

Lucidum
02-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I've had some since it first released in stores, and it's still usable, but like the man above me said, getting thicker. I hear that it will eventually dry out completely, but you go through it faster than you'd think. Plus, using a wet brush or mixing it with water a little bit is helpful

Thornblood
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I wonder if you can add retardant to it to slow down the drying time. Vallejo retardant is pretty decent.

Wildeybeast
03-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the resposnes guys, very helfpful.

damnthevalley
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Mine hasn't dried out too bad, and I use it often. I close it after every time I get some on my brush though, just to be sure. It takes a little more time, but it saves it which is worth it to me.

Foxhound2delta
03-05-2012, 02:43 PM
It's a good thing I read this because I bought some a while back to fix up some gaps in my tanks yet I haven't found the time to get to it yet. So now that I know it will dry up I'm going to get myself in gear and get those holes plugged this Sunday.

Fenrisian
03-05-2012, 03:20 PM
What do you guys thin it out with? Water? I've not had a reason to use my pot yet, as I've mainly been painting stuff up recently and I've not had a definitive answer to the question.

ragnarcissist
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
stuff is awesome!!! i put however much i need on a wet palette and close the lid immediately this is crucial cuz the stuff dries fast!!! this stuff is the best hobby tool since the release of the washes

Bat Manuel
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Water keeps regular green stuff from drying so I would assume water is the best for the liquid stuff too.

Minex
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I think it is a little bit to slimey to begin with :D. So i hope it dries out no more :<..

jugglingfool
03-05-2012, 06:24 PM
I just use a palettes. Works fine and the pot doesn't dry out.