PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid and Space Wolf Advance Orders up.

eldargal
02-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Lots of pretty pictures in the usual palce on the GW website (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k).

Cpt Codpiece
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
ooohhh shiney :)

im loving the new tervigon kit, yeah its waaaayyyy late but its really nice. and the thunderwolves dont look as silly as they sound.... marines on wolves LOL

Emerald Rose Widow
02-25-2012, 02:37 AM
Do want

Wildeybeast
02-25-2012, 05:45 AM
Interestingly, the thin plastic glue and thick superglue aren't up for advance order yet. I wonder why that is? And I note the complete absence of any mention of new paints in this months WD.

eldargal
02-25-2012, 05:59 AM
The Chaos Dwarf helcannon thing isn't up for pre-order yet either. I do hope the wolves will fit on a WFB cavalry base.

Wildeybeast
02-25-2012, 06:11 AM
It's down for a March 17th release, along with the glues. All the 40k models seem to be March 3rd, so that's probably why. Seems a bit of a weak 'second release slot', why not just release it all at the same time? It's not like glue and hellcannon are going to bring in massive sales.

eldargal
02-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Maybe the paints will get a heap of attention in April? Maybe it will be a more low-kwy thing, a page of 'oh hey, new paints' rather than a big release thing.

StraightSilver
02-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Well if what I have heard about the new paints is true (although to be honest I have no idea any more, LOL), then GW will want to make a big deal of them.

The 20 new colours are supposedly shade and highlight versions of existing paints.

So shade tone, base tone, and highlight.

This is something Vallejo have been doing for years, but no doubt GW will want to hype it as a revolutionary new way to paint figures! :)

Therefore expect a fair bit of WD coverage.

Mr.Pickelz
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm liking the wolves, both pet and mounts, They look to be a big improvement over Canis. ;)

Wildeybeast
02-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Hopefully they will give it plenty of covergae, I'd like lots of 'how to use them' articles and plenty of pictures of what you cna do with them.

The Madman
02-29-2012, 11:03 AM
anyone notice the hive tyrant is stuck together with blu-tac? :D

Kawauso
02-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Hah! Yeah, you can tell in the 360 it totally is.

Nice. I do that for the arms on my carnifexes. :)

Chuck777
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
The new Thunderwolves look great. Way better than the Marines riding Chaos Dogs, which is what most people were doing.

Love the new Tervigon.

uatu13
03-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Not as impressed with the thunderwolves as I had hoped for, they're just too generic looking. I like the mr dandy ones that have cybernetic parts and stuff. Also they're pretty damn expensive for what you get, I would have preferred getting a full squad for like $60 or something, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen:cool:

Skewiff
03-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Not as impressed with the thunderwolves as I had hoped for, they're just too generic looking. I like the mr dandy ones that have cybernetic parts and stuff. Also they're pretty damn expensive for what you get, I would have preferred getting a full squad for like $60 or something, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen:cool:
I only wanted three, and am moderately impressed. My local club wont allow non-GW models when GW sell a relevant model , so I had to do a quick rider transplant or three...

Tokkan
03-05-2012, 04:10 PM
The Fenrisian wolves definitely fit on Fantasy cav bases... AND seem to be able to fit Goblin Riders easily enough.

I picked up a Thunderwolf kit as well, and the packers were obviously raring to get them out the warehouse doors on time... Assembly manual (stapled instead of a really long folding one, which I haven't seen before!) was crumpled in half, and there were only two sprues in there instead of three. :/

Tzeentch13x
03-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Those tyranid models make me drool they look great!

DeathJester57
03-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Tyrannofexes look sick!

Tiberian
03-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, the Tyranids look great but I think Mr. Dandy did a better job with the thunderwolf models

wittdooley
03-05-2012, 11:03 PM

You must have missed that there are cybernetic parts in some fashion for all three TW models.

calltoarms
03-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Opened my s

calltoarms
03-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Whoops. Premature submission. (Let teh jokes begin!).

I opened my kits today, both nid and wolves, and I must say, they are some trully impressive models.

Rabid1903
03-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Something that concerns me is with the Tyrant kit. The wings look like they take up one of the arm slots. There are a lot of non-modders out there that could run into problems at WYSIWYG tournaments where their Tyrant all of a sudden doesn't have a Venom Cannon or something.

Tokkan
03-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Something that concerns me is with the Tyrant kit. The wings look like they take up one of the arm slots. There are a lot of non-modders out there that could run into problems at WYSIWYG tournaments where their Tyrant all of a sudden doesn't have a Venom Cannon or something.

It can happen (especially if you want to use wings, BS/LW and a ranged weapon), but from what I've heard from 'Nid players that've played around with the kit more it's actually a really simple change to shift the wings further up the torso to the carapace hole right below the back spore-chimney thing.

For pure "I can't mod anything" perspective, they could say that the scything-talon feet count as a bonesword, and they could roll up a long snake of greenstuff and lodge it in the mouth as a lash whip. (There's many better conversion options that I can see, but those'd be the easiest for a "non-modder". Other than... learning how to mod things?)

StraightSilver
03-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I put one of the new plastic Hive Tyrants together over the weekend, and to be honest I can't really fault the kit at all.

It has the majority of options in there, I actually have a lot of stuff left over as I opted for the Swarm Lord variant which when assembled is a proper beast!

My only criticism would be having to cover the gaps on the tail and top carapace, but I don't see that as a major problem and in no way GW's fault, as I can't see how else they would have done it.

However getting the bottom jaw on and over the tongue was a bit of a sod!

I don't really see the Flyrant weapons load out as a big deal, all the bits are there and if you didn'y want to lose an arm slot it wouldn't be difficult to attach the wings to the back carapace.

All in all a lovely kit, just wish I had magnetised mine now....

Deathjester69
03-08-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm liking the wolves, both pet and mounts, They look to be a big improvement over Canis. ;)

Yes they are a huge improvement.

Martino
03-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Did anyone else notice the flying tyrant does not have room for wings and 4 arms. If you use the wings, they take up 2 arm slots.

I am having to use 2 wings and 2 twin linked devourers for arms.

Tail as lash whip.

Horn on head and claws as bone sword.

The model looks great but for 50 bucks should be modeled appropriately. I'm just sayin...

KJD
03-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Just got my tervigon last night it's a great model can't wait to start painting it

Emerald Rose Widow
03-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I just magnetized the wings to the shoulder carapace on the outside of the smoke stack thingies on its back. I ended up having to put together a small pin for it to give it the final strength, but it ended up looking pretty wicked. I magnetized all my options just so I had options when it came around to playing time for the bugger. The tail thing was a bit of an issue but with a little liquid greenstuff it worked out just fine. Stellar model though.

Swifty17
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
How well do the new kits go together? I've heard the new computer generated models assemble much cleaner/easier then some of the older large plastic kits.