PDA

View Full Version : Zone Mortalis

lattd
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Look what forgeworld just put up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wskq8qVMbM&context=C3f2da1fADOEgsToPDskJhkhQsSkpFRjf4pi9lkE0T

And they just posted this:http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff

energongoodie
02-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Lovin it. I've been trying to get myself to make something like this for ages but I'm too lazy. Now I can be broke instead.

Brakkart
02-24-2012, 10:34 AM
That looks so cool. Wonder how many more of those Boarding Marine sets FW are gonna sell now as they were made for this:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/zmminotaurs.jpg

DrLove42
02-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Looks awesome. For those to lazy to jump

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/zone-mortalis.jpg

Thats the whole thing. 4 sections for£90. Or the 4 corners individually for £25 each

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/large/zmba-orks.jpg

My only problem is the rules mention doors. I aint seeing any

lattd
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
If you watch the video they have pull up doors, would be awesome to play a game of dust in this, or space hulk.

wittdooley
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Holy. Testicle. Tuesday.

THAT IS AWESOME.

Brakkart
02-24-2012, 11:02 AM
On the page for the Mortalis set they mention that the blast doors shown in some images are coming soon. I imagine there will be more terrain tiles added to the range as well, and perhaps other scenery to place in rooms, like computer terminals and such.

isotope99
02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Looks awesome. For those to lazy to jump

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/zone-mortalis.jpg

Thats the whole thing. 4 sections for£90. Or the 4 corners individually for £25 each

My only problem is the rules mention doors. I aint seeing any

Pretty sure this picture above is the 3*3 setup , 9 pieces at 18 floor tiles across (£205), not the 2*2 below, which doesn't feel like enough to me.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/large/zone-mortalis1.jpg

Good for a club but a pretty big investment for an individual.

Kawauso
02-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing. For a standard table (Realm of Battle Sized) it'll cost 540 GBP...

I think about 4x4 would be best for a small, close-quarters game, but that's still running up around 360 GBP...ouch.

eldargal
02-24-2012, 05:52 PM
I like it, not sure I'd buy it, but it is very nice. Lots of little details in the close up pictyres make it really, thought it was a bit plain an uninspiring in the other pictures.

Uncle Nutsy
02-24-2012, 11:22 PM
gave them a read through. Most of the rules are pretty awesome. a few of them, not so much.

but it gave me the push i needed to FINALLY finish our herohammer/urban/cqb ruleset that we developed.

eldargal
02-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Proof of durability from the FW website:
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/419656_401922126491740_257094630974491_1860057_174 6668404_n.jpg
Her shoes have met with universal acclaim too. I want some and I don't even wear shoes like that.

Psychosplodge
02-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Ah yes the lightest staff member, that's why they let the token female out the kitchen..... (<-too much?)

but more importantly *cough* Necromunda *cough*

eldargal
02-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Actually they had a picture of Ead standing on it too, but he wasn't wearing pretty shoes so I didn't bother posting the picture.

Besides even if she is pint-sized and only weights eighty pounds or something it is still more than a tile should be subjected to normally.:)

Psychosplodge
02-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Good point, but more importantly, do purple and blue really go together?

eldargal
02-27-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m420414a_xx010699001_SHHelmet_873x627.jpg
I think it works.

Psychosplodge
02-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Very well made argument, I never thought about it like that...

Although they're both offset by the clash with the red.....hmmm

eldargal
02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
She's wearing denim too, the Genestealer analogy couldn't be tighter if I had planned it.:p Red does help it pop.

Psychosplodge
02-27-2012, 07:44 AM
lol I really hate puns, but I'll you live this time, Exterminatus for a single offence seems a tad excessive.....just be glad i'm not one of those puritans....

Grenadier
02-27-2012, 08:30 AM
I love the boards. But they look rather dull. They need computer banks, gizmos, vents, etc, etc. Which a person can easily add to it themselves.

Its unlikely I'll ever get to play these rules. But they do give me an idea for a campaign based game.

You'd play a campaign with a variety of the regular missions and the usual rules. But let's say one mission objective is to sabotage a facility. You'd have to fight the mission the usual way. And if you win you're not done yet. You'll have to enter the facility to sabotage it. At this point you can play a Zone Mortalis mission. String these out in a campaign and it might make for a very interesting experience.

DrLove42
02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Ah yes the lightest staff member, that's why they let the token female out the kitchen..... (<-too much?)

but more importantly *cough* Necromunda *cough*

I thought about that.

I look forward to maybe playing some Necromunda on one....only issue is lack of height. Maybe add some watchtowers and stuff

Or a 2 level battle. Have a normal big game with entry points to a Mortalis board on it. Unit can pass from one to another.

Wolfshade
02-27-2012, 08:56 AM
The rules and stuff are going to be in the Imperial Armour books...

I am going to have to get my friend to make some stuff like this. He makes very pretty scenery I think I shall dub him the fabricator general...

Psychosplodge
02-27-2012, 09:02 AM
I thought about that.

I look forward to maybe playing some Necromunda on one....only issue is lack of height. Maybe add some watchtowers and stuff

Or a 2 level battle. Have a normal big game with entry points to a Mortalis board on it. Unit can pass from one to another.

I was thinking a second level, say mounted 18-24inches higher for accesss, then you can start fitting shfts, vents, ladders etc, but for game purposes have them only a "real" story higher...

Aervyper
02-27-2012, 10:02 AM
I like this it's a neat idea and free rules... WIN woot. Having said that though. Each board is 1 ft x 1 ft with each square being 2 inches square. I don't know seems like a good receipt for a DIY board with rules.

Tools
Chop Saw
Table Saw
1 - (2x4 boards)
1 - (4x8 sheet of plywood)
paint or spray bottles as desired
* At your local hardware store they have 1 square foot stickie tiles. You could try and find a rugged pattern and stick them on each of the cut out sheets of plywood to add 1 dollar terrain to it.

With all that you got the opportunity to make 32 squares so you can go nuts with it. It's that simple to build as big a set of terrain as you want. No it won't look as good as the GW one but if you got a club it would sure be a fun weekend project. Add models and rule set and you got a board for forever.

Thanks forgeworld for a great idea for a game table maybe i'll try later this year to actually spend some money on you guys with some space marine minatures.

ttfn

MarneusCalgar
02-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I like it!!

Will be a good new acquisition to my shelves...

Foxhound2delta
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
This is awesome! I have been looking a for terrain that would replicate the insides of a starship or building for awhile. Now the only downside is that it is going to cost so much money that it won't be feasible to purchase it. Plus now that I think about it, it kind of looks like a mouse or rat maze. Maybe I could make a better, cheaper one with that instead and some other hobby supplies!

rooster4796
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks grea for things like kill teams. our group has been running a kill team league and I find this to be a huge relief from the huge games. If these weren't so expensive I'd but a few

Hiflt4
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I like the rules set but for the cost I am not sold on the tiles.

Tzeentch13x
03-05-2012, 05:16 PM
All together this stuff is coolut way overpriced for my wallet.

schoon
03-05-2012, 11:28 PM
I love the rules, but I must admit that the price point is a bit daunting.

However, I was thinking that you could get the same effect by getting a used Realm of Battle flat expansion board and going to town on it with plasticard.

If done right you could also have moveable walls instead of fixed ones.

docbungle
03-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I love the rules, but I must admit that the price point is a bit daunting.

However, I was thinking that you could get the same effect by getting a used Realm of Battle flat expansion board and going to town on it with plasticard.

If done right you could also have moveable walls instead of fixed ones.

I agree price is :O but the rules play pretty well.

I sense the use of magnets in walls is not far away

turiya64
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
i have ben planing on doing something close to this for ages i think it is time i got to it!

sverigesson
03-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I pointed this out to my friend, and he's already planning on making his own setup. Granted, it won't be nearly as pretty as these, but it won't cost us several hundred dollars to make a 4x4 table setup with it.

Cavscout
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking of casting my own corridor walls and using the rules. Forgeworlds is pretty pricey.

volrath8754
03-27-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm thinking of casting my own corridor walls and using the rules. Forgeworlds is pretty pricey.

I think we have a winner!!!

TalismanOfVaul
05-30-2012, 05:41 AM
The rules for Zone Mortalis are interesting and easily adaptable for use with Space Crusade board sections/Space Hulk sections...

ToV

woodenronin
05-30-2012, 08:20 AM
There is an old D&D game board similar to this. It is a metal base printed in 1 inch squares to resemble a dungeon floor. The walls are plastic made to look like brick with magnets on the base. The base is similiar in size to a chess board. It also came with archways.
Sad to say I lost the board but I still have most of the archways and wall pieces. It woul be easy to replicate the wall pieces.