PDA

View Full Version : Tons of Space Wolf information and pictures

Polaris
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Taken from the bolter and chain sword

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=172946&pid=2114272&st=275&#entry2114272

Rules

Army-wide Special Rules

All Space Wolves are rumoured to have ATSKNF, Acute Senses, and Counter attack.

Sagas – Characters can take special skills called Sagas. All Sagas are rumoured to be 25pts each. You may not double up on Sagas, although Special Characters do not count towards this. Sagas supposedly have conditions attached that whilst they have little to no in-game effect, are there for true fluff-nuts.

Saga of Majesty - All friendly units within 6" get to re-roll failed morale checks

Saga of the Beast Killer - Re-roll to hit and wound against models of T5 or higher

Saga of the Iron Wolf (Iron Priest only) - Adds D3" to the vehicle they are in and +1 to repair rolls

Saga of the Wolf - Fenrisian Wolves get Ld7 and I5

Saga of the bear - Eternal Warrior

Saga of the Warrior Born - +1 attack for each kill in previous Assault Phase

Saga of the Hunter - Outflank and Stealth

Wolf Claws – The Space Wolf version of Lightning Claws, allow you to choose to either re-roll “to hit” or “to wound”.

Frostblade - +1 Strength Power Weapon

Banner of the Wolf – Grants a reroll on all "to hit" rolls in combat for the entire army for one turn.

Belt of Russ (25pts) - As before. can only be taken by Wolf Lords and Wold Guard Battle Leaders.

Drop Pod Assault - Same as C:SM

Special Characters

Supposedly all cost more than Gazkhull Thrakka . Some are ICs some are upgrade characters. FOC slot is unknown for sure unless specifically stated.

Logan Grimnar (approx 275pts) – Axe allows him to attack as either a Frostblade, or a Power Fist, and can split his attacks between these two attack types. Rumoured to allow Wolf Guard as Troops (normal Lords only allow 1 unit) and has Eternal Warrior. Logan and the squad he joins may choose one of the following special rules each turn:
Fearless, Tank Hunters, Relentless or Preferred enemy.

Ragnar Blackmane (240pts) – Supposedly the best Close Combat character. Grants himself and the unit he joins d3 extra attacks on the charge instead of +1. Has 5 Attacks with WS6 and a 4+ inv Dodge Save. Armed with a Frostblade. Rumoured to grant Furious Charge to the unit he joins and once per game to all units within 12". Has Saga of the Warrior Born.

Njal Stormcaller (245pts) – Has Runic Armour (2+ save, 5+ inv against psychic attacks that deal damage) and can upgrade it to Runic Terminator Armour (2+ save, 4+ inv against everything) for 25pts. He is rumoured to still have the Cyber Raven (pick a point on the table and the enemy cannot infiltrate within 18" of itand causes D3 I5 S3 hits on one model in contact with Njal). Has all six Space Wolf Psychic powers. His Runic Weapon negate any psychic powers on a 3+. Shrouded by a storm that gets worse as the game progresses. Roll a D3 and add the turn number:

2) Nothing
3) All enemy units within 24" get -1BS
4) All enemy units count open ground within 24" of Njal as Difficult terrain
5) All unengaged enemy units within 18" take a Break Test
6) One unit within 18" takes D6 S9 hits, vehicles get hit on side armour
7+) All unengaged enemy units within 12" take D6 S8 AP5 hits.

Ulrik the Slayer – Allows Preferred Enemy against one unit type (infantry, tanks etc) chosen at the start of the game.

Canis Wolfborn (185pts) – WS5 BS2 S5 T5 I5 A5 Ld8. Mounted on a large cybernetically enhanced Fenrisian wolf. Wears Terminator Armour and has a pair of Wolf Claws. Canis also allows you to take Fenrisian Wolves or Thunderwolf Riders as Troops (although Fenrisians still do not count as scoring). Can substitute his base number of attacks for attacks equal to the number of enemies in base to base contact with him. Gives Fensisian Wolves Ld8.

Björn the Fellhanded (270pts) – Apparently has armour 13/12/10 with a 5+ inv save, is Venerable, has WS6 BS6 S7 I3 A4. Supposedly comes with an Assault Cannon but can be given a Plasma Cannon for Free. Allows all friendly units within 12" to reroll Moral tests. If killed he counts as an objective and makes all the Space Wolves Fearless.

Lukas the Trickster (+140pts) - Blood Claw upgrade. Has Ld8 and causes his Squad to be capped at that. Has the Doppleganger Cape that forces the enemy to re-roll successful to-hit rolls. Had his secondary heart ripped out by a Dark Eldar, and replaced it with a stasis bomb. His Special Rule is called "the last laugh", where on his death he and the model that killed him are removed then both players roll a D6. If the SW player rolls equal to or higher than their opponent, all models within Base to Base contact with Lukas (friend or foe) are removed. He is supposedly over 300 years old and although “the equivalent of a captain, his unruly manners cannot be accepted among the battle brothers”. He also apparently stole one of the Chapter's Thunderhawks and crashed it.

Arjak Rockfist (+170pts)- Upgrade to a Wolf Guard squad. S5 W2 Furious Charge, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. His Storm Shield supposedly grants a bonus attack which represents him shield charging the enemy. His Thunder Hammer can supposedly be thrown as a 6" S10 AP1 assault 1 shooting attack before returning to his hands.

Special Characters will likely have prescribed (maybe unique) Sagas attached to them.

HQ

HQs are 2 per slot but you can't take duplicates. You also cannot duplicate Wargear combinations.

Wolf Lords (100pts) – Stats as per Chapter Master. May take up to one Saga except for Saga of the Hunter and Saga of the Iron Wolf. They will have a wide variety of weapon options.

Wolf Guard Battle Leader (75pts) – Stats as per Captain. May take up to one Saga except for Saga of the Iron Wolf.

Wolf Priests (100pts) – Armed with Power weapon, Iron Wolf Amulet (4+ Inv) as standard. May take up to one Saga except Saga of the Warrior Born, Saga of the Bear or Saga of the Iron Wolf. Allows Preferred Enemy against one unit type (infantry, tanks etc) chosen at the start of the game.

Rune Priests (100pts) – Armed with Runic Weapon and able to take Space Wolf Specific psychic powers. May take up to one Saga. Psychic Storm power gives 5+ cover and turns area of effect into difficult terrain for skimmers. Runic Weapons negate any psychic powers on a 4+, areforce weapons, and wound daemons on a 2+. Runic Armour upgrade gives a 2+ save and 5+ inv save against psychic shooting attacks

Psychic Powers include:
Maw of Fenrir - Measure out 24" and anything touched by the line must pass an Initiative test or be removed from play. Monstrous creatures get -1 to their roll.
Chain Lightning - 3d6 D6 S7 AP5 shots with infinite range.
Stormcaller - ALL friendly units within 6" get a 5+ cover save. Cast at start of turn.
Large template psychic shooting attack. Large Blast template has to touch the Rune Priest. Anything touched takes a S3 hit.
3d6 s3 auto-hits with 18" range. Any unit hit moves as if it were in difficult terrain.
All Deep Strikers, Jump Infantry, and possibly bikes normal infantry and MCs move as if they were in dangerous terrain.
Shooting attack that can be shot in Freki mode or Greki mode. Both are 12". One is S5 AP- Assault 3 and the other is S4 AP2 Assault 2. Any units taking wounds from it must take a morale check or fall back.

Elites

Iron Priests – Come with Thunder Hammer. Will most likely be brought in line with Codex Techmarines. May take Saga of the Iron Wolf. No Servo-Harness.

Dreadnaught – May be Standard or Venerable, but Ironclad is not included. Start with Assault Cannon. May exchange for Multi Melta or TL Heavy Flamer (?). Venerable Dreads can take the Saga of Majesty.

Wolf Guard – 3-10 Wolf Guard. Bolt Pistol & CCW Frag and Krak grenades. May replace either BP or CCW with Bolter. May take a Wolf Guard Battle Leader who will be able to take up to one Saga. May take Bikes or Jump Packs. Basic Terminator with Power Weapon & Storm Bolter costs around 30pts. 1 Terminator Heavy Weapon per 5 Terminators. A WG with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield is rumoured to come to just under 70pts. Can be assigned to other squads during deployment to act as a Sgt (1 per squad). Terminators cannot Teleport. May take a Drop Pod. One unit may take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport

Wolf Scouts – Can take all types of Special Weapon and Melta Bombs. If held in reserve, may deploy from any board edge on a 3+

Lone Wolf (20pts)– A one-man unit that will be “really strong” and act similar to Tyranid Lictors. Supposedly berserk survivors of Units searching for death so they may join their fallen brothers. Concede a Kill Point if they aren’t killed. WS5 W2, Eternal Warrior, Feel no Pain and re-roll To-Hit against Walkers, Monstrous Creatures and things above T5. Can take up to 2 Fenrisian Wolves and any equipment available to Wolf Guard (except Bikes and Jump Packs).

Wulfen – Removed

Troops

Grey Hunters (15pts each) – Bolter, Bolt Pistol & CCW Frag and Krak grenades. Rumoured to receive a free special weapon for taking 10 men (likely Flamer). True Grit is gone. May take up to one special Close Combat Weapon. May take The Mark of the Wulfen on one model granting D6+1 Attacks and Rending. May take a Drop Pod.

Blood Claws – Bolt Pistol & CCW Frag and Krak grenades. WS and BS 3. Berserk Charge supposedly grants +2 attacks on the charge (but not for Counter Attack). Rumoured to only get 1 Power Weapon/Fist per unit. Headstrong - if the Blood Claw unit is within 6" of an enemy unit and doesnt have a wolf guard leading them they can't shoot. May take a Drop Pod.

Transports

Rhino – Approximately the same cost as C:SM

Razorback – Approximately the same cost as C:SM

Drop Pod – Transport Capacity of 10 Space Wolves or 5 Terminators. Approximately the same cost as C:SM

Fast Attack

Thunderwolf Cavalry (50pts) – 1-5 Marines on big Wolves. S5 T5 W2 A4 Rending Multiple equipment upgrades.

Fenrisian Wolves (8pts) – WS4 BS0 S4 T4 W1 I4 A2 Ld5 6+ Cavalry. Can be upgraded to Cyber Wolves for 10pts WS4 BS0 S4 T5(4) W1 I4 A3 Ld6 4+

Skyclaws – 5-10 Blood Claws with Jump Packs. May take 1 Special Weapon and 1 Special CCW.

Swiftclaws – 3-?? Blood Claws with Bikes. Can take Attack Bikes.

Land Speeder – As C:SM

Land Speeder Storm – Not included

Heavy Support

Long Fangs – 1 Pack Leader and 1-5 Long Fangs. Retain the Split Fire ability as long as the Pack Leader does not shoot. Each Long Fang MUST have a Heavy Weapon. Pack leader can take Special weapons, Power Fists etc. Heavy Bolters apparently very cheap (5pts). May take a Drop Pod.

Land Raider – Crusader and Redeemer most likely added. Supposedly have atransport capacity of 10.Redeemer 12, Crusader 16.

Predator – As per C:SM

Whirlwind – As per C:SM

Vindicator – As per C:SM

Leman Russ Exterminator – Removed

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_28080.jpg

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/?action=view&current=gallery_2_3711_103422.jpg

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/?action=view&current=gallery_2_3711_61401.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_75890.jpg

Polaris
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_104012.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_17987.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_22359.jpg

Polaris
09-16-2009, 01:37 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_23839.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_43714.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i32/pro_zac/gallery_2_3711_58905.jpg

Kanaellars
09-16-2009, 01:51 PM
At this point it isnt really rumor.

Except for the fact that I am sure Lukas costs 170, not 140, its all correct. I have had the book in my hand every day for the last 4 days (visiting the local for more time to read).

The models are getting painted up in the shop as well, and look amazing.

Scryer in the Darkness
09-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Except for the fact that I am sure Lukas costs 170, not 140, its all correct. I have had the book in my hand every day for the last 4 days (visiting the local for more time to read).
Lukas costs 140 as listed.

And if you want the latest BIG pics, go here...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3957634#post3957634 :D

andyfish
09-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Any idea when we can expect to see the wolves? Would love to know what other people are thinking of using as proxy's till they do come out.

As for Wulfen what are others going to be using them for?

warpcrafter
09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Where are the Thunderwolves?!? I want them so bad! I guess I'll satisfy myself with Blood Claws and Grey Hunters for now. (Can anyone say TL assault cannon Razorback spam?)

energongoodie
09-17-2009, 01:18 AM
I reckon the Thunder Wolf cavalry will be a Forge World release. Hopefully really soon.

grail
09-17-2009, 02:09 AM
i cannot belive that ragnar and ulrick are the old models from the 2nd edition :eek: , GW could have at least had some new version of them made, they are good models but they are 15+ years old. i`ve still got mine from when they 1st came out in lead for about £4.00 each so whats he going to be now £10.00. all the rest of the stuff loooks great. and i`m glad to see that the old space wolf sprue will still be around

asmodai650
09-17-2009, 06:30 AM
they'll probably be part of a 2nd wave of releases. GW seems to be doing this now, and I honestly think it is a good idea. It lets the sculptors have more time to really work on something, as well as the tooling guys so they can make better molds for the models.

Ghoulio
09-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Wow...words cant describe how little I want to play against an army that has Njal lol. Easily the most retarded character in this game if those are his actual rules. You read people saying "Yeah, they are good, but they cost ALOT". Sure they do, but its only 15-40pts more then the better SM characters and they are WAY better then any of them. I thought Tigerius (sp?) was pretty decent but he is NOTHING compared to Njal (and Njal is only 15pts more). Obviously every codex that comes out always has the "Sky is Falling" effect and 9 times out of 10 are no where near as bad as people make them out to be (fingers crossed lol).

Kanaellars
09-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Seriously hoping that thunderwolf riders come out soon,

as far as the wolfen, I will now be spreading them through my army as grey hunters and such with Mark of the Wulfen.

Duke
09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Im stoked for Njal... Though I have to say my "counts as deathwing," army will now be "counts as Wolf Guard," lol

IAMANAME
09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
This is off topic, but what color are the pauldrons of Grimnar's company? I've been doing them in fortress gray...
Thanks.

Lord Anubis
09-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Curious, since I haven't had a chance to visit my local store and look at the Codex...

Does Njal also have the lower leadership that seems to be common with most of the Space Wolves? It's an overwhelming psychic power, yes, but if he's less likely to pass a psychic test...

Just wondering.

Grimgore
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
as far as the wolfen, I will now be spreading them through my army as grey hunters and such with Mark of the Wulfen.

This is great idea, if I get back into Wolves I will definitely do this... however that still leaves
me with 20+ Wulfen I can't use. :(

Duke
09-18-2009, 09:35 AM
At first I thought that Wulfen would be placed in their own squads simliar to Blood Angels Death Company... I am kind of Glad they didn't.