PDA

View Full Version : Let me pick your brains

Jambo
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
hey guys im competeing in a 1000 point tourney soon and have been trying to decide what one of my armies to use. I have tau necrons and grey knights. Just wondering what everyone would go for. Its my first proper tourney so hopeing to do well lol

DrLove42
02-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Hoping to do well? Don't use Tau

1000 points is pretty tight. A GK army in that would probably be quite small

I'd say Necrons.

Thiazi
02-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Probably necrons. Hard to say with out knowing what models you have avaialable. But anni barges at that point level are amazing.

also while not recommended Dragio and two 1 man paladin squads backed with Dreads could be a fun mind**** for your opponets.

DarkLink
02-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Tau can do ok, if you take just the right units and know exactly what you're doing, but Grey Knights are pretty awesome at that level. I don't know much about the new necron codex.

What units do you have? I would recommend an Inquisitor with Rad/Psykotroke grenades, two 10-man GKSS in Rhinos, a Psyrifle Dread and as big of a Purifier squad as you can get. You'll have enough storm bolters and psycannons to deal with just about anything, and more than enough power weapons to kill anything anyone else can bring at 1000pts.

Levitas
02-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Go for Tau, if you win there is a chance you will be remembered for decades...

Failing heroic bravery, id go Necrons. Use Grey Knights if you decide to forgo the option of making new friends.

Bean
02-23-2012, 03:38 PM
If your goal is to play the strongest army possible, that's probably grey knights. Next, though, we'd need to know precisely what models you have.

Jambo
02-24-2012, 05:28 AM
thanks for the feedback guy. i was swaying towards the crons or the knights cause i've used them alot more than the tau.

i have alot lol dont have any psy dreds but i have been running a 10 man interceptor squad which has 2 heavy flamers, they make quite the impression when they do their 30" shunt :D

Lucidum
02-25-2012, 01:42 AM
Go with Tau!

Heavy on fire warrior squads and battlesuits, perhaps one squad of vespid to take on the inevitable marine lists, and like one hammerhead.