PDA

View Full Version : Necron release Schedule.

Sonikgav
02-22-2012, 09:27 PM
I know theres a second wave planned to replace the Spyders and Wraiths that were taken off the shelves. Ive also heard Tomb Blades but the biggie im waiting for news on is the Triarch Stalker or the Doom/Night Scythe flyers.

I want both of those models. Ive got a couple of conversion ideas for both and would happily make them however if theres an actual model coming i can wait.

Ive been told the Flyer IS coming but the Stalker is unlikely (4 new kits is enough). Im just wondering if anyone with their ear closer to the ground may know something?

StraightSilver
02-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Well, I was told (by a reliable source) that Necrons would follow the same schedule as Dark Eldar last year.

However that now looks unlikely, as they should therefore have had a wave in March.

I must admit that I feel as though it's time to hang up my rumour hat as so far very little I have heard has panned out (I got 'Nids right, sort of, but didn't see Thunderwolves coming!). :)

Rumours on other forums suggest that the next releases from Necrons will go up on pre-order last Saturday in April for a may release, and that's as good a guess as any.

If they do still follow the Dark Eldar Release schedule I would expect to see the flyer in the Summer, so June or July, with an earlier wave in May with Canoptek Wraiths, Spyders etc.

Of course I would say that at the moment nobody really knows.

The most reliable rumours come about 2 weeks before pre-orders go up as that's when independant stockists get their order sheets, so if there's a May release coming we should hera about it in April.

Demonus
02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
With so many Nid/Wolves being released/recast, I wouldnt expect to see them before May/June at the earliest. Which makes me sad as a necron player but I understand Nids and Wolves needed the models for far longer :)

Grenadier
02-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Any rumors about a Black Templars update?

I'm deeply bothered by the fact that High Marshal Helbrecht, the leader of a chapter which specializes in hand to hand combat has a worse set of stats than a vanilla codex leader. Lower WS and BS! And his special rules really don't stand out well. I think one is better off just using Templar models but going with a vanilla codex entries!

eldargal
02-24-2012, 01:45 AM
I'd say april or may at this point, april being less likely as there seems to be an Empire wave planned. Mind you there are rumours of a wave coming in the second half of march yet so who knows.:rolleyes:

Grenadier
02-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Well that gives me a little hope.

uatu13
03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
I was disappointed to see that there wasn't any new necron models in the next wave this month, only massively late Tyranids and Wolves :rolleyes:

islyfe
03-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm tempted to make a Necron army but I'm hesitant to do so in till I see the Night scythe model first. If its as fugly as the storm raven, I would say its a no go.

victorpofa
03-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I need to update my old Necrons. I have a few, but need a couple more transports, and Wraiths! Wave 2 is needed badly! Though the plastic kits released this month were needed more.

Kaika87
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
I know theres a second wave planned to replace the Spyders and Wraiths that were taken off the shelves. Ive also heard Tomb Blades but the biggie im waiting for news on is the Triarch Stalker or the Doom/Night Scythe flyers.

I want both of those models. Ive got a couple of conversion ideas for both and would happily make them however if theres an actual model coming i can wait.

Ive been told the Flyer IS coming but the Stalker is unlikely (4 new kits is enough). Im just wondering if anyone with their ear closer to the ground may know something?

I really, really hope the Stalker is first on their list, if for no other reason than nobody seems to have any idea how big the thing is supposed to be. I've seen a couple conversions that are close to the height of a Dreadknight, and I've seen one that's smaller than a regular Dreadnought. A frame of reference would be awesome.

Tzeentch13x
03-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I can't wait for Stalkers to come out!

Merkmon
03-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm holding out for the second wave for the Triarch Stalkers/Wraiths specifically. I also can't wait for the flyer - the art in the codex looks awesome (Except for the fact that the pilot/driver is ALWAYS IN SUCH AN EASILY SHOOTABLE POSITION!).

Keeping my fingers crossed we see it in the next quarter.

Wizzardx3
03-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I would say that I'm waiting for wraiths, but all of the models are needed. Tombblades rock in low point games. Triarch Stalkers are needed in high point games. We also need the Scythes... we are missing the transport for 80% of our units!
To be honest... I couldn't care less about the Finecast characters. I can make who I need from the Barge Overlord.

gungagreg
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I want wraiths and stalkers most - don't really like the painting part of the new vehicle kits and so just have an all foot army still until the stalkers arrive...

Subsocial
03-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Wraith/Spyder kit. From the concept art it looks awesome!

As for the Stalker, a model would be nice, but from the art it looks like it can be made from a Barge + some spider legs, though I don't know where to get them. Maybe Defiler?

LordKillian
03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
I hope they just skip the WHFB release rumored for next month and release the new Necron models.

Ankehl
03-06-2012, 08:55 AM
With Vampire counts freshly out, it's not likely to be so. But I understand such impatience, I'm really waiting for the stalker to be out.
I hope they will have as psychological impact on my opponents as star wars AT-AT :D

Plowboy22
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
I really want a couple of the scythes

BigBoomDBC3
03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
The nids and wolves did need their models but necrons need vehicles where as the nids and wolves just needed single minis. Its harder to build an army without vehicles than without tervigons and thunder cav when most every player for those armies already has conversions done.

Plowboy22
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM
The nids and wolves did need their models but necrons need vehicles where as the nids and wolves just needed single minis. Its harder to build an army without vehicles than without tervigons and thunder cav when most every player for those armies already has conversions done.
Yeah.....what he said!

BHound1981
03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I just wish they'd stop releasing Codex after Codex with relatively core units with no models even in a conceptual stage. They shouldn't put out a Codex unless they have at the very least a prototype of all the units. Special characters, or modified variants of things, sure.. but not stuff that people are going to rely on to need to play. That being said, I really hope to get my hands on some flying croissants of doom to give my immortals some mobility.

kargie
03-06-2012, 02:06 PM
I just wish they'd stop releasing Codex after Codex with relatively core units with no models even in a conceptual stage. They shouldn't put out a Codex unless they have at the very least a prototype of all the units. Special characters, or modified variants of things, sure.. but not stuff that people are going to rely on to need to play. That being said, I really hope to get my hands on some flying croissants of doom to give my immortals some mobility.

I couldn't dissagree more. What you describe is how they used to do things--prepare everything, release everything in a 2-3 month period along with the army book, and then don't return to the army for YEARS when it is time to redo everything again.

The new method of splitting releases into waves is having so many good effects on the hobby it cannot be understated--armies are getting new things every year or so, army books are coming out faster and being expanded. Additional things appear in white dwarf when a cool new model comes out without rules, and when they redo an army they do not have to redo everything because in the intervening years some things have come out, so they only need to do the few things that have been left so far behind, or whatever new items they add. Doing everything wholesale encouraged style changes at all levels, now there is more consistency across the lines.

Kaika87
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm holding out for the second wave for the Triarch Stalkers/Wraiths specifically. I also can't wait for the flyer - the art in the codex looks awesome (Except for the fact that the pilot/driver is ALWAYS IN SUCH AN EASILY SHOOTABLE POSITION!).

Keeping my fingers crossed we see it in the next quarter.

But then there's that pesky Quantum Shielding protecting him. It's deceptive, you see. Make the enemy expose themselves as they try to snipe out the driver, then mow them down after the shots bounce off the shields.

Dlatrex
03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
But then there's that pesky Quantum Shielding protecting him. It's deceptive, you see. Make the enemy expose themselves as they try to snipe out the driver, then mow them down after the shots bounce off the shields.

Well that is just a pleasant picture! I may have to make a diorama covering that concept....

Ankehl
03-07-2012, 02:53 AM

And with the ability of auto-repairing itself, the pilot security is less important than a better vision of the battlefield.

Kataklysm
03-07-2012, 03:04 AM
I cant wait for those sweet sweet mechanical doom spiders to arrive!

planet psyrum
03-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Based on the pictures, i think the tomb blades are comung out soon. The pic in the codex looks too clear for the artist nit to be holding the piece in his hands while painting.

The wraiths are going to be sick i think. It is going to look more like a killing stalking machine, rather than the surgical robot that is outdated.

Personally i think its going to be a combi-scythe kit next. That models will make bank, lifting their second quarter/half year reports up a bit.

My wish is more crypteks, one is not enough when I'm looking to run 6 or more in my army. Converting is fun, but one more cryptek will help out a lot

Wizzardx3
03-07-2012, 08:45 PM
You guys are making the assumption that the reason for second waves is because the models aren't ready when the codex is. That's not the reason. The real reason is: profits. When you release a second wave of models, you get a bump in sales for the first wave, etc.

Ankehl
03-08-2012, 03:04 AM
It is also a method to keep interest in an army, and making massive buying of existing models to compensate those who don't exist yet.