PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Tau Update

Panxer
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I've recently downloaded the FW Tau update for inclusion of FW units stamped 'WH40k' for use in generalized play, and I was wondering if anyone out there has taken advantage of such units as the Tetra skimmer, Sensor Tower, or Gun Turrets in game play and what your experiences were. I've got my outlook with regard to unit stats, but I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience to share with regard to these units.

Uncle Nutsy
02-21-2012, 08:34 PM
When I ran them last, tetras were amazing. now they're just awesome. run three of em. The hammerheads with plasma were just brutal before, and now they're just silly. The smart missile XV variant was great too. Run two if you can, run two of the markerlight variants if you have to.

The gun drones are pretty decent. good backup.

I'm not sure about the knarlocs as I ran purist tau.

LordGrise
02-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Uhmmm... where do I find the link for these, please?

Panxer
02-22-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tauupdate.pdf

Got this from the forgeworld site.

The units I were most interested in were the Tetras, the Sensor Towers, and the deepstrike Turrets. The Mounted Knarloc's look amazing, but takes up a valuable Heavy Slot, Otherwise I wasn't so excited about the xv commander upgrades, they have wargear that costs less and does the same thing.

LordGrise
02-22-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank you!