PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld Dreadnought arms - will they fit?

NockerGeek
09-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Not too long ago, I was given a set of CSM minis that included a Chaos Dreadnought. I've been trying to figure out how to equip the thing, with no luck... until recently, when I bought a collection (still mostly on the sprue!) that included a whole mess of Khorne Berzerkers already assembled. So, rather than go with my original plans of a Tzeentch army, I'm going to start off with a Khorne list. TO fit into this, I want to do a Dread with double CCWs. There's just two problems:

1) The GW Chaos Dreadnought only comes with one CCW arm.
2) The GW Chaos Dreadnought CCWs are all ugly as hell.

So, I'm thinking about ording a pair of the Forgeworld Chaos Dreadnought chainfist arms. Before I do, though, I want to make sure that what I get will work. Do the Forgeworld arms fit on the old metal Dreadnought design, or do they only work on the Forgeworld and newer Loyalist dreads? Will I need to do any filing or filling to get them to fit?

Kjal
09-16-2009, 12:47 PM
How about using parts of the ironclad?

NockerGeek
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
How about using parts of the ironclad?

Well, to do two chainfist arms, I'd have to buy two Ironclads. Even with international shipping, Forgeworld resin arms are still cheaper. :D

EDIT: Well, yes, I could buy the chainfist bits on eBay or somesuch, but even then I'd be buying two sets of arms - one to have both upper arms, one to have 2 chainfists. I think the resin arms still work out as cheaper, with the added bonus of not having to "Chaos" them up afterwards.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Well, whether or not the pegs on the body match with those on the arms, they should still be of a similar dimensions. They should work fine pinned or magnetized to the dreadnought.

entendre_entendre
09-16-2009, 10:49 PM
do they have to match? b/c i made two different ccw arms for my dread just took an assault cannon arm, cut the gun bits away, added the defiler ccw/flail bit, added 2 buzzsaws from the sentinel kit, some extra plasticard here and there and voila! chainfist on the cheap. just takes some extra effort. or you could just copy this on both arms
if you wanted to know, the other arm is just a regular dread ccw arm that's fingers are replaced w/ chainswords [all pointing inwards BTW, my mind laughs evily when i imagine someone getting caught in the middle of that 'hand', then shaken around... >: ) ]