PDA

View Full Version : 1500 space wolves

ragnarcissist
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
hey all, ive played two games with this list and dominated both.... but it was against tau and dark angels.... so i wanted to know how you think it would do against newer non-outdated codices (codexes?) here it is:

HQ
WOLF LORD
twolf
wolf claw
s shield
runic armor
saga warrior born
wt necklace
2 fenrisian wolves

Wolf priest

Rune priest

ELITES

wolf guard x3
combi melta/pfist x3

TROOPS

blood claws x8 (i know, i know "not as good as gh" blah blah blah i like them)
rhino
ex armor

grey hunters x8
melta
motw
power weapon
wolf standard
rhino
ex armor

grey hunter x5
melta
laserback

[U]FAST ATTACK[U]

thunderwolf cav x3
T-hammer

[U]HEAVY SUPPORT[U]

longfangs x6
ML x3
Las x2

what do you think? what armies would i have a problem with?

ragnarcissist
02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
man, no comments or suggestions abut this list? it must be uncounterable! i should inform my FLGS that i have created the ultimate 1500 point list!!

Sure
02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Your list is a solid all-comers list at the 1500 point scale. You have a way to deal with transports and have 3 melta chances to take out any list that comes with a Land Raider. You don't have any dedicated anti-troop but the troops and Thunderwolves fill that roll. Blood Claws are excellent when paired with a wolf priest. You may want to think about how to squeeze a power weapon into that squad. They are a shock squad, after all. People don't use them too much any moreoutside BA lists but they can have a great effect in the right unit.

That's why 1500 is so great a scale. Your list is not overpowering, nor is the codex. At the same time, it would be a list that is very difficult opponent to face. It really would come down to skill and luck. Going higher pts. pretty much takes out finesse and demotes the game to a "newer codex" race.

Last edits were for spelling...but why do you give the Wolf Lord a Wolftooth Necklace? He's already hitting most things on a 3 anyway. At 1500 you're likely to only see one other model on the table, if any, that matches the WS.

ragnarcissist
02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
yeah the wolfpriest is quickly becoming my favorite hq choice, that blood claw squad with him took out a huge squad of 20 hormagaunts a big squad of genestealers with broodlord and a 6 man warrior squad all in the same game.... it was pretty lucky but those re-rolls are soooooo crucial.

i keep the wolftooth necklace on the lord because i play tyranids ALOT and they have some wierd power that reduces my squads WS to 1 that i can never seem to nullify with my rune priest.

so far i am 4-0 with this list!!

Chexmix282
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
The list is good but you have too many points invested in your HQ choices imo. You also do have a lack of ranged anti-tank... f you are looking to make a tough list I would definitely recommend a second pack of Long Fangs. If you drop either the Wolf Priest or the Rune Priest, the WT Necklace on the lord, and change your existing fangs to all Missile Launchers, you can add a second pack of 6 Long Fangs with 5 Missile Launchers.

I understand that the WT Necklace is good against Nids but with 5 more missiles you can take out that Hive Tyrant without much difficulty ;)

Minex
03-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Not enough punch for 1500P with just 6 Longfangs - they are simply ur bread and butter unit and you will strugle every single game without 3 squads of them :(. Boring but thats how SW roll. Drop the Cav for another squad - and find the other points somewhere else - like going simply 4 ML a squad and drop the laser.