PDA

View Full Version : PaintedFigs.com Miniature Scam?

MadCowCrazy
02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
I just received an interesting email about paintedfigs.com, the claims in it are pretty serious.

I'm only posting this because when the DE were released I ordered allot of models from paintedfigs, it however took over 6months before the models arrived. People on podcasts have also mentioned it taking forever before they receive their models. Now this popped up so I'd like to know what you guys think.

I have no idea what's going on, if their site got hacked or something since the article is posted on their own site.

http://www.discountfigs.com/

Emailed them today and got this reply, sounds reasonable to me.

Good Morning Daniel,

Navin here, thanks for your email.

I'm sorry but your email address was appropriated during the period that I was talking to Raef about in the interview he does with me here:

http://www.payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1531825

Discountfigs was stolen from me during this same period, which is discussed in the interview as well.

Journalists turn up when you google them, if you look up M.E. Shenny you will find no evidence that he actually exists. Journalists also don't send out mass emails from sites, that are clearly not news sites.

Our lawyer advises I just ignore this nonsense and carry on, and given that the email lies in its opening line, I'm inclined to agree with him.

I'm sorry you've been getting unsolicited emails, you'll like get more from that source.

Regards,

Navin

MadCowCrazy
02-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I was going to order my Necron 2nd wave models from them but after reading this I'm not so sure anymore...

Uncle Nutsy
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
fake.

if it's sent to you via forward, it's almost guaranteed to be bs.

TheBitzBarn
02-19-2012, 10:42 PM
This company has has SEVERAL issues in the past no reason not to believe this now.

MadCowCrazy
02-20-2012, 12:39 AM
fake.

if it's sent to you via forward, it's almost guaranteed to be bs.

It wasn't sent via forward, it was sent directly from discountfigs.com

I'm signed up to the newsletter but the thing I just can wrap my head around is that discountfigs and paintedfigs is the same company. One for selling minis and the other for accepting commission work, so why the hell is this up on their own site? Site hack or the hell is going on?

MadCowCrazy
02-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Emailed them today and got this reply, sounds reasonable to me.

Good Morning Daniel,

Navin here, thanks for your email.

I'm sorry but your email address was appropriated during the period that I was talking to Raef about in the interview he does with me here:

http://www.payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=1531825

Discountfigs was stolen from me during this same period, which is discussed in the interview as well.

Journalists turn up when you google them, if you look up M.E. Shenny you will find no evidence that he actually exists. Journalists also don't send out mass emails from sites, that are clearly not news sites.

Our lawyer advises I just ignore this nonsense and carry on, and given that the email lies in its opening line, I'm inclined to agree with him.

I'm sorry you've been getting unsolicited emails, you'll like get more from that source.

Regards,

Navin

newOrcMan
02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I contacted http://www.discountfigs.com/ and asked them could I see the emails they say Navin sent.

They sent them over to me. From what I can see they seem to be internal discussions the site has got hold of and thats why Navin is being rather forthcoming in them.

There are indeed emails Navin sent that confirm the things said, which I don't think he ever thought would be made public.

I couldnt believe what I was reading, I suggest you contact them yourself and ask.

Further they say Navin was given an opportunity to answer prior to publication and he refused, they stand by their claims and if Navin wishes to sue for libel he is welcome.

From what I read in those emails he sent he would loose!