PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Imperial guard Need advice!!!

volrath8754
02-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey Gals and guys I would appreciate any feedback on this list I'm planning on bringing to a tournament in April. It just feels... off i guess like I'M missing something. But hey any comments are appreciated.

HQ:
Company command squad w 4x Plasma guns, Chimera with heavy flamer and extra armor.
Company command squad w 4x Plasma guns, Chimera with heavy flamer and extra armor.

Troops:

Infantry platoon,
PCS 4x melta guns chimera with heavy flamer, 4x infantry squad with 1x melta and chimera with heavy flamer each.

Infantry platoon,
PCS 4x melta guns chimera with heavy flamer, 4x infantry squad with 1x melta and chimera with heavy flamer each.

Heavy support:

Manticore

Manticore

so that brings the list to a total of 12x chimera with heavy flamers, 16x melta guns, 8x plasma guns, 2x storm eagle rockit launchers, and 100 infantry, what do you think of it??

Dorsai
02-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Other than your Manticores, where is your long range anti-armor? I usually run heavy weapons squads in my infantry platoon. Two or three squads of infantry to move or hold objectives backed up with three autocannon squads and a squad of lascannon. Combined with a senior officer to "Bring it down!", those four squads of heavy weapons can pop armor far more reliably than a Manticor can. I would recommend having one platoon focus on long range destruction with heavy weapons, then have the other be you heavy infantry unit. Drop one Manticore and take a Lemon Russ Executioner with plasma sponsons. 5 s7 ap2 blasts when it sits still worries marines. And it is also very tough to kill, not to mention can take out light armor.

I also tend to like to have more heavy options than just artillery. I have had my Manticore destroyed in turn one of night fighting through sheer dumb luck. By having other heavies that are mobile, you present more of a threat. Take one Manitcore, give it camo netting, put it in terrain so it gets a 3+ cover all the time. Then chose a different heavy that is capable of moving AND shooting.