PDA

View Full Version : New from Forgeworld: Space Marine Tank Crew

Brakkart
02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Useful for those making Pre-Heresy armies and the like:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/tankcom.jpg

The armoured vehicles of the Adeptus Astartes bear names and histories heavy with honour, glory and sacrifice, and each is commanded in battle by peerless warriors to whom armoured warfare is a way of life. These Space Marines, who have an affinity with the ancient spirits of their tanks, will often gain great renown in the honour rolls of their Chapter for crushing the foes of the Imperium beneath their vehicle’s tracks.

models designed by Mark Bedford, Three resin figures suitable for use with the full range of Forge World and Games Workshop Space Marine vehicle kits. The set features a wealth of details, including helmed and unhelmed crew wearing MkII ‘Crusade’ armour and a crewman equipped with MkIV ‘Maximus’ armour.
The Space Marine Tank Crew set is available to pre-order now for despatch from February 24th.

£12 for 3 of them.

isotope99
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
They're OK but I'd rather pay the extra for a full upgrade set for my favourite armour mark and have lots of leftovers.

Brakkart
02-10-2012, 10:58 AM
They're OK but I'd rather pay the extra for a full upgrade set for my favourite armour mark and have lots of leftovers.

Yeah my thinking too. I won't be getting these as nice as they are.

SotonShades
02-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Great if you have 3 vehicles you want crew for and 2 out of the 3 with the pre-heresy style...

I'm beginning to think FW are making new stuff just to fill out their newsletters? I genuinely used to love it when you'd hear nothing from them for a month and then you'd get a huge email with several new vehicle kits and probably a couple of upgrade kits as well. Now the emails just feel so short and meh.

Don't get me wrong; I love FW and think it's great that they are stepping up the rate at which they release products, but I think I'd be more excited to see a whole load hitting me at once rather than little drips every week.

MarneusCalgar
02-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I love them!!

But I also find them too much Pre Heresy era...

Deadlift
02-10-2012, 01:24 PM
middle one looks a bit 80s, new romantic, emo. I could not resist painting him with that quiff coloured and eye makeup.

Kawauso
02-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Hmm. Might need to grab some of these whenever Chaos gets an update to use in my Thousand Sons army. Middle guy would obviously have to be some other Tzeentch-aligned marine, obviously. :)

Neat models, but I agree there's been a bit of FW stuff lately that seems pretty...meh.

The Scarab Swarms for example. I'd like some that are like the Ripper Swarms FW sells - their Scarabs don't have anything going for them over the ones that come with the Warrior sprue, I think.