PDA

View Full Version : Metal Kairos or Finecast Lord of Change?

Saint_Anger
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

I decide to buy a model of Daemon, but still hesitate between Metal Kairos or Finecast Lord of Change. I will use either of these two as a greater daemon in my CSM somehow. I love Kairos and his background, but he’s still metal. While the Lord of Change is finecast, I heard someone here at my local shop saying that when you put the finecast model on the base. Overtime, it will slowly bend down forward, he say this happen to new DE haemonculus. So I’m looking for your opinions, what will you choose, metal Kairos or finecast Lord of Change?
If there’s at least plastic Kairos, I’ll buy it for sure.

DrLove42
02-10-2012, 02:57 AM
, I heard someone here at my local shop saying that when you put the finecast model on the base. Overtime, it will slowly bend down forward, he say this happen to new DE haemonculus.

If you stand it next to a heatlamp maybe....or force it into a space thats too small for it

SotonShades
02-10-2012, 03:20 AM
If you assemble a finecast model properly and, as DrLove pointed out, keep it away from heat sources it will be absolutely fine.

As for the metal model, don't be afraid of it. Yes you will probably have to do some pinning, but if you aren't planning on doing any major conversion work on it the model will go together pretty easilly. Get a decent varnish coat over the top once you've painted it and you really shouldn't have too much of a problem with chipping. Not to mention it's very satisfying picking up a big metal model... One of the main reasons that I still use my old metal SM dreadnought :P

If you prefer the look of one model over another, go for that model. Otherwise you will always be looking at the otherone when you go in store and thinking 'I wish I had that one instead'

doom-kitten
02-10-2012, 03:24 AM
Heamonculus leaning forward? Well that lazy guy probably is not killing enough peeps and his buzz is wearing off.

Saint_Anger
02-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Thanks for your opinions, guys. I think I shall buy Kairos. He looks great for me.

Regnir
02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I actually wouldn't be surprised if a Finecast Lord of Change would start to naturally lean forward over time. It is a very top heavy model supported only by one very thin ankle/leg.

I had a Forgeworld Warhound Titan that started to dip forward one summer just due to the slightly warmer temperature on the second floor of our house(no heat lamps here, extremists, we keep the house air conditioned during the summer), so I wouldn't at all be surprised if that same thing would happen to a Lord of Change in FC.

Inquisitor Boreal
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for your opinions, guys. I think I shall buy Kairos. He looks great for me.

I've assembled and painted Kairos and he's a great looking model. He's also surprisingly easy to assemble. Hell, I managed to put him together firmly with just a few pins, and I hate metal models with a passion.