PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolf 2000pt competitive list

starwolf117
02-06-2012, 09:24 PM
A list I am thinking about taking to a tournament. Would love ideas, thoughts or criticisms.

HQ
Wolf Lord 265 Points
Thunderwolf Frost Weapon Storm Shield Runic Armor Saga Of the Bear Wolf Tooth Necklace
Rune priest 110 Points
Chooser of the Slain Living Lightning Jaws of the World Wolf

Lonewolf 85 Points
Frost Axe Storm Shield Fenrisian Wolf
Dreadnought 105 Points
multi-melta
Wolf Guard 150 Points
4 Wolf Guard, 3 Power fist Mark of the Wulfen storm bolter

Grey Hunters 190 Points
9 Grey Hunters 1 melta gun Mark of the Wulfen Rhino
Grey Hunters 190 Points
9 Grey Hunters 1 Melta Mark of the Wulfen Rhino
Grey Hunters 185 Points
9 Grey Hunters 1 Flamer, Mark of the Wulfen Rhino
Grey Hunters 175 Points
8 Grey Hunters 1 Melta Gun Mark of the Wulfen Rhino

Thunderwolf Cavalry 265 Points
4 thunderwolves 1 thunder hammer 1 storm shield 1 melta bomb
Landspeeder 90 Points
Typhoon Missile Launcher
Land Speeder Tornado 70 Points
Heavy Flamer Multi-Melta

Long Fangs 120 Points- probably kitted out with missiles and maybe one lascannon for extra punch.

basically a solid mech infantry list that provide mobility and a screen for the dreadnought while I have thunder cav and the thunder lord running around reaping havoc as with the speeders. I was also thinking about cutting the dread and adding either wolf scouts or another long fang squad. The rune priest runs around with the squad of 8 and the wolf guard that has mark of the wolfen. The other wolf guard go with the packs like standard.

Order_from_Chaos
03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I definitely need to recommend adding another LF squad. At 1k I run 2 full LF squads and they just wreak havoc! At 2k you really want 3. They are just versatile and throw out a ridiculous amount of shots. I personally run only missiles because I find the points you spend on a lascannon aren't worth it.

Second I love wolf scouts I definitely think 1 squad with a melta and meltabombs are great especially shen your facing a parking lot that is sitting in his deployment zone, oh whats that i can multicharge 3 of your tanks and kill them all in 1 turn??? gg lol

I'd also suggest taking out the wolfguard and just making your units 10 man to get the extra free melta/plasma. Since they are in a rhino their main purpose is to drive around and shoot **** out of hatches until they park on an objective. You only deploy them if your rhino is wrecked so why put a whole bunch of points into a PF wolfguard when if all goes well you shouldnt have to use him, also he is expensive point wise for just 2 attacks that will most likely not perform when you need it too.

Anyways this is all based on my experience so take it as you will. Hope it helps.

Cheers