PDA

View Full Version : 40K Tournement at Warhamer World

DrLove42
02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
As much as I normally loathe people promoting their own stuff on here, I'm gonna be really hypocritical and post something on from mine

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?331854-A-GATHERING-OF-MIGHT-VIII-April-14th-15th-2012-WFB-40K-Tournament-Warhammer-World

I'm attending a 40 1500pt tournement at Warhamer World in April. Theres a good few spaces left, and figured I'd ask and see if anyone on here in the UK fancies joining us for 6 games at the Mecca of 40k?

SotonShades
02-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm also going to be heading to AGoM. £30 for two days, a ton of dice and 2 lunches is a pretty decent deal (especially when you know what the quality of the food at Warhammer World is like)!

It's also got a bit of an unual twist (or at least something I haven't seen elsewhere); no special characters. Admittedly, this is from a throw back from old editions of 40k/fantasy where the characters were too over powered, but it makes for an interesting twist on modern codicies.

gcsmith
02-06-2012, 04:09 PM
shame I live in dundee, I want tournies closer to home.

Wildeybeast
02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm curious. You seem to be offering pretty much the same as a GW run tournie (minus an evening meal on Saturday and quiz based entertainment), yet you are charging almost half as much as GW. Either you are undercharging or they are overcharging. ;)

gcsmith
02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Wildey they have to pay wages for tourney organisers, maybe These guys are all volunteering.

SotonShades
02-07-2012, 02:53 AM
In actuality, we aren't running it, just attending (and in need of a few more opponants!)

Though I suspect gcsmith is correct. That and, because GW has much greater advertising power than the small club who is running it, GW charges more because they can reach a larger audience and so are more likely to find more people willing to pay more. They are also a company who are there to make profit, whereas North West Wrriors (the club running AGoM) are just that; a small gaming club.

gcsmith
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Shame I cant go, not sure I could readily afford it, and its possibly during my exam period.

Night System
02-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm also going to be heading to AGoM. £30 for two days, a ton of dice and 2 lunches is a pretty decent deal (especially when you know what the quality of the food at Warhammer World is like)!

It's also got a bit of an unual twist (or at least something I haven't seen elsewhere); no special characters. Admittedly, this is from a throw back from old editions of 40k/fantasy where the characters were too over powered, but it makes for an interesting twist on modern codicies.

£30 you say?
That is mightily cheap....

You may have snagged me. I'll inquire with my Nottingham based friend to see if he would like to come as well.
No special characters is an interesting one. I'm not even sure if my World Eaters would function without Kharn!

DrLove42
02-27-2012, 06:02 AM
*Bump*

Whoops. I bumped into something there

Anyway theres still places available. Also if you care about such things it is a UK rankings tournement now.

And if that wasn't enough you get to meet wonderful charming people such as myself....and kick the crap out of the Tau army i'm taking (for the lulz)