PDA

View Full Version : The Other kind of Stormtrooper

Dunadan
09-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi everybody. My friend just commissioned me to paint his Space Marines, and I was planning on making a small Eldar army with the funds. After watching Return of the Jedi, I decided to try and do a Star Wars theme, using Dire Avengers as the basis for some Stormtrooper converions(the Star Wars kind, not IG). My only problem is: what do I use for the heads? I was going to use CSM heads, but I think they'll be to big. What do you think would work?

Dark_Templar
09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Hi everybody. My friend just commissioned me to paint his Space Marines, and I was planning on making a small Eldar army with the funds. After watching Return of the Jedi, I decided to try and do a Star Wars theme, using Dire Avengers as the basis for some Stormtrooper converions(the Star Wars kind, not IG). My only problem is: what do I use for the heads? I was going to use CSM heads, but I think they'll be to big. What do you think would work?

I think standard models with the white and black paint scheme would be very effective.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
09-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Some of these pig iron heads could work: http://thewarstore.com/pigironproductions.html

Also, aren't there plenty of Star Wars minis out there already? Unless you want a gw mini army for store or tournament purposes, they should work out fine.

Dunadan
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
The SW minis out there are 28mm, but are a more realistic scale, and would look awkward next to GW minis. Also, I like the challenge of converting my own(I will also be converting AT-ST warwalkers out of sentinels). The pig iron heads might be useful, thanks for the suggestion.