PDA

View Full Version : New rumours (CSM, Tau, Eldar, Necron, DA)

eldargal
02-04-2012, 01:40 AM
... starts singing in February.

I've been told the following:

no BT in the near future
DA are "in progress"
Eldar and Tau are being worked on, with Eldar further along than Tau

Concerning Chaos:

the book is done and almost at the printers
an Iron Warriors character (?) has been seen, with a huge servo harness
possible new Obliterators (plastic or Finecast?)
painted versions of all 4 cult terminators have been sighted - could be conversions though
plastic Plaguebearers on round bases have been sighted

The already "known" Necron wave was confirmed: 2 flyers, the big walker, the jet bikes, Wraiths and Spiders. I quote: "The wraiths and spiders did NOT look like a dual kit".

Another interesting quote:

There ware also a few Nids ready to go, the Tervigon/Tyranofex dual kit and a flyer that I wasn't familiar with, looked about lictor sized but more resembled a winged zoanthrope.

There ware also a few Nids ready to go, the Tervigon/Tyranofex dual kit and a flyer that I wasn't familiar with, looked about lictor sized but more resembled a winged zoanthrope.
Confirms the usual suspects - but the other beasty sounds like the Parasite of Mortex to me, not the Harpy.

And last, but definetely not least: more flyers seem to be in the works, including an Ork Fighter! It seemed to be very similar to the FW version. No specific mention of a timeframe was given - expect it sometime the next six months.

The usual disclaimer: while I trust my birdies, you don't have to. Please don't take any of this as gospel.
Sounds plausible, and promising.

Deadlift
02-04-2012, 01:57 AM
Both the Chaos and DA rumours have me jazzed, If this pans out Im going to find it hard to stick with one army.

I could easily see myself doing, Iron Warriors, Death Guard and Thousand sons, and then with DA as well it could be an expensive year for me :D

I do think however there should be at least one xeno codex release to mix it up with the power armour.

Perfect world for me would see

DA
CHAOS
ELDAR / TAU

In that order, throw in some Wood elves or Warriors of Chaos as well and I wont know where to start.

MarneusCalgar
02-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Sigh...

No Thunderwolf cavalry still??

isotope99
02-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Five plastic kits for necrons sounds highly unlikely (original release was only 4 (ark/barge/immortal/lych)) so I reckon either we are talking finecast, a split wave or more combi-kits. Happy to be proved wrong though.

Huge presure on this chaos release, hope they make slaanesh not be the poor god of the four again. I want to do my rockstar noise marine army :cool: and not have it suck :(

Wildeybeast
02-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Both the Chaos and DA rumours have me jazzed, If this pans out Im going to find it hard to stick with one army.

I could easily see myself doing, Iron Warriors, Death Guard and Thousand sons, and then with DA as well it could be an expensive year for me :D

I do think however there should be at least one xeno codex release to mix it up with the power armour.

Perfect world for me would see

DA
CHAOS
ELDAR / TAU

In that order, throw in some Wood elves or Warriors of Chaos as well and I wont know where to start.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for WE, as far as I'm aware the main rumour about them is GW don't know what to do with them.

Back to the OP, do we know if any these armies are coming before the new ed? It would make sense to hold off on new books until after and just release waves in the meantime (yay for Tyranid second wave, my how thsoe two years have flown by), but then Daemons came out something like 2 months before the current ed.

isotope99
02-04-2012, 05:55 AM
Rumours I've seen are very vague about timing.

If we take the starter set rumours at face value though and there is a widening of the chaos forces to include cultists or similar, that could be an indication that Chaos will be in the August slot between the book and the boxed set. Otherwise, the cultists would be illegal when released under the current rules.

GrenAcid
02-04-2012, 07:06 AM
an Iron Warriors character (?) has been seen, with a huge servo harness
Warsmith:eek:

Cool that chaos will be coming soon, I keep my fingers crossed for some unique stuff in that dex, like dark-mechanicus weapons as standard and or some xenos weapon(they can steal wathever they want) so they will be somthing else than SM with horns and old toys.

Daemonette666
02-04-2012, 07:17 AM
I am not going to believe any of the rumours I have heard until they are actually posted in the White Dwarf, in store as an Official Codex, or have miniatures on the shelf in a GW store.

GW seems to have a desire to constantly weaken the power and effectiveness of Chaos Space marines, as we have seen with the nurfing of "lash of Submission", "Thousand Sons", not being able to add Terminators ICs to squads of Obliterators, and being able to deep strike them (when Space Marines can add an artificer armoured IC with teleporter to a terminator unit, and deep strike them). Most of the Xenos/ Imperial Codexes that got a FAQ upgrade were improved rather than weakened.

I still love my Chaos Space Marines, and will still build up my Battle Companies, but I know I fighting a losing battle when it comes to having a fair chance trying to stand my ground against the likes of Space Wolves, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, and even mechanised Imperial Guard.

Any combination I can make that works, gets nerfed, and still costs me more to field than Vanilla Space Marines, who I find I am barely able to hold my ground against, as they cancel any psychic abilities I use, out gun and out range me with cheaper cost weapons, and can build army lists that you know you have lost against just from perusing the opponents list.

I have been working on a few Legion based Battle Companies: Emperor's Children, Night Lords - both these just need to be painted fully, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, World Eaters, Iron Warriors - most of these Companies require Rhino Transports and either Raptors or Havocs to complete them.

I have also been working on both a Sisters of Battle Force which totals over 6000 Points, and a Female Space Marine Battle Company - derived from the female Primarch - Helena od the 2nd Legion Astartes.

My background story is that Guiliman in a jealous rage killed the primarch of the 11th legion when he found her in bed and the other primarch in bed. Guiliman killed his brother and absorbed the 11th legions Space Marines. This forced the Emperor to order the Space Wolves to destroy the 2nd legion to try and stop a civil war. Fortunately Rogue Mechanicus members stole the Gene seed of the 2nd legion, and hid on the edges of the Imperium, building up the 2nd legion again from female orphans. When the Imperium re-established contact, they hid the 2nd legion, and have used the local sisters of battle, many of whom owe their fealty to the 2nd legion, to present to the Imperium the ruse that they are loyal. The Sisters and the Female Space Marines, hate all male Space Marines, and Chaos Space Marines for their betrayal of the Primarch - Helena.

It is a decent enough story and I can, if needed, pretend that they are Noise Marines with the mark of Slaanesh.

I got the miniatures for them from Dynath40K/ Shapeways Miniatures. The miniatures are very slim/slender, and the parts are not compatible with normal space marines. They are also a little taller than space marines, and their guns are waaaaay to big even for space marines, but they do look very feminine and sexy for space marines (less chunky than sisters of battle).

I hope to build a sisters of silence squad as well.

If the legion book is not as biased, as the rumored "new" Universal Special Rules" come out for 6th edition, then Chaos should be made more powerful, with legions having rules like counter attack, night vision, stubborn, tank hunters, etc. They should have HQ choices that make Raptors, Terminators, Oblliterators and/ or Havocs count as troop choices for legions such as Night lords, Iron Warriors, etc. They could make the game so much more interesting, and bring so many people who have left 40K for other gaming systems back into the fold.

eldargal
02-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Well you should never believe rumours until GW confirms them.:) I approve of your FSM background, I made a FSM chapter just to annoy the rabid anti-FSM crowd.

isotope99
02-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Romance, sex, incest (sort of), betrayal and murder in the far future

Sounds like the trailer for a new daytime soap made for the sci fi channel ;)

RG: "You faithless ho, I knew you only wanted me for my massive... ...legion"

P2: "Don't act like this is all my fault, you spend all time locked away in your office writing your damn book and polishing your... ... armour"

RG: "And you, I treated you like my brother"

P11: "Technically I am your brother, about 80% anyway"

P2: "Oh God, that means you'r also my brother! I think I'm gonna be sick"

Emperor: " Would you keep it down up there, I'm trying to reforge the Cosmos here. "

Deadlift
02-04-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm not against female space marines personally, I think an enhanced female form could be rather nice, however I just have to endure 5mins of Entertainment news to see that really :).

However I think SoB fill the heroine 40k slot very well, maybe not in gaming terms but in fluff they are awesome. Having said that one of the best things about the hobby is creative license.

eldargal
02-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Hey, its Game of Thrones in Space.:p

P2: "Don't act like this is all my fault, you spend all time locked away in your office writing your damn book and polishing your... ... armour"

Emperor: " Would you keep it down up there, I'm trying to reforge the Cosmos here. "

The only reason I go along with FSM is that the reason given for Space Marines being male only is simply wrong (hormones and such, none of it is male specific. If the process works on men it will work on women). I put it down to the Imperiums poor knowledge of science.;) Anyway, really don't want to turn this into another FSM debate so I'll be quiet now.

GrenAcid
02-04-2012, 09:24 AM
FSM....good God why this turns me on?...I do have a problem:o

Good luck with your armies. As for Faq, maybe they build up this feeling so next chaos dex will be welcome with mass histeria and instant additcion? Now I wait for a word from Harry or other rumormongers to sa somthing more about CSM dex.

DrLove42
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Are Tau going to become the new Dark Eldar?

An army thats doesn't get an update in 15 years, and only works in one specific build until they do get an update.

I'm not complaining if Craftworlders get bumped up the order, but still. Tau need an update far more

Xenith
02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
not being able to add Terminators ICs to squads of Obliterators, and being able to deep strike them (when Space Marines can add an artificer armoured IC with teleporter to a terminator unit, and deep strike them).

You may wish to reread the FAQ. Any IC Can join the obbies. Any IC that can deepstrike can deepstrike with the obbies. Any IC that is teleporting (wearing TDA) can teleport in with the obbies and take advantage of an icon to not scatter.

Also, I was not aware that SM charaters could take teleporters. What version of the codex are you using (2nd ed?)

Akaiyou
02-05-2012, 12:47 AM

ROFLMAO

There is ONLY WAR!!!....of the sexes..

euansmith
02-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Looking at pictures of male and female body builders (for research purposes) it soon becomes clear that there would be little outward physical difference between male and female space marines; especially once you cover them in armour. I'm guessing that female space marines would not go in for the boob implants that muscle women sometimes go for (I'm looking at you, Jody Marsh...) .

A similar unisex effect can be seen with male and female soldiers loaded down with piles of body armour and kit.

As a result I feel that you could get away with little or no conversion work on a FSM Chapter, except for the occasional head swap for helmetless figures. I guess that some spare SoB heads would work fine.

My favourite female figures from GW were the Sisters of Sigmar from Mordheim (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1120017) with the exception of the occasional metal bikini these were quite reasonable.

eldargal
02-05-2012, 03:41 AM
Well, I say as Space Marines are ultra masculine in appearance FSMs wil be ultra-feminine.:p Also women in body armour only look like men because the body armour is designed for men, it is highly unsafe and unsatisfactory and is in the process of being rctified. Been over that particular misconception before.

Myu
02-05-2012, 05:46 AM
@Eldargal

"in appearance FSMs wil be ultra-feminine"

Mm.. I'm inclined to agree with euansmith. It would be hard to tell them apart. WSaw some female weight lifting thing wa on TV ages back. Many of the women I would SWEAR were men. Nothing feminine about them.

Some you could tell in slight ways were female, but while the armour might be a bit different, you could probably just put a female head on a marine body and call it a female marine. Remember marines all have the same body and males in real life are definitely not all the same.

That and we already have sisters of battle :P Metal breast armour that guides weapons straight to their vitals is in abundance. Still to be fair to sisters, they are the first female models I've seen that actually have full body armour.

MarneusCalgar
02-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I wouldn´t like an Space Marine like female army... Because there´s also an existing one: the Sisters of Battle, and I think that´s enough for now...

Kawauso
02-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Well, I say as Space Marines are ultra masculine in appearance FSMs wil be ultra-feminine.:p Also women in body armour only look like men because the body armour is designed for men, it is highly unsafe and unsatisfactory and is in the process of being rctified. Been over that particular misconception before.

A thousand times this.

Female soldiers wear the same armour as men because the armour was designed to be mass produced...for men. It's not actually practical for women because of the differences in their body type/shape and in some cases is downright unsafe.

Armour designed to fit the female form would appear somewhat feminine. We're not talking metal bikinis or anything ridiculous like that - but you'd be able to go "oh, that's a woman."

That's one thing I really, really like about 40k, actually - the notably female warriors (SoB, Eldar) wear actual full-body armour. Yeah, Sisters' armour is stylized like a corset, but it isn't -actually- a corset and given that they're the same heroic scale as other 40k models I don't think they're hyper-sexualized or anything like that.

Before we get off this topic, though - I think I've heard mention of your female marines a number of times, Eldargal, but I've never seen them - got any pics floating around? :P

---

And to post something on-topic with the thread...

Fingers crossed on that new Necron wave coming soon. I'd really like to toss my metal Wraiths and Spyders, and getting kits for the rest of the new vehicles would be pretty sweet. :D Plus they've got to be easier to paint than vehicles with the 'ark' chassis...damn I hate assembling/painting those things.

BigGrim
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
For a rumour thread, this seems to be waaaaaaaay off topic. Who gives a toss if someone wants to model their minis as female marines? They are their minis, so they can do as they please. I'd rather talk about rumours.

On topic, glad to hear Eldar are on the radar. Their Codex can't come soon enough for me.

gserhar
02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Sigh...

No Thunderwolf cavalry still??Not from GW, but these are supposed to launch this month. I don't play Space Wolves, but they look so cool I'm going to buy some as a gift for a friend who does.

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/4430792-get-ready-for-the-full-moon

newdigitaltau
02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm still waiting for something Tau to come down. To be totally fair the rapid fire of the false Tau rumors had me worried because that seemed a bit hasty. But with them being worked and after eldar (now that I've calmed down from the initial roller coaster ride) will be better. The will come out after 6th edition comes out (most likely) so will have mayhaps more tailored and refined rules to adapt to the rules.

But still

Waiting sucks

MarneusCalgar
02-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Not from GW, but these are supposed to launch this month. I don't play Space Wolves, but they look so cool I'm going to buy some as a gift for a friend who does.

http://www.ragingheroes.com/blogs/news/4430792-get-ready-for-the-full-moon

Thanks!!!

I also saw the future Banebeast´s wolves... they´re also amazing!!!

But I still wait for GW to have their own...

Rapture
02-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Off topic, but has to be said:
http://blog.extremebodybuildingtips.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/female-bodybuilding1.jpg + http://securityuniforms.tdwest.net/images/product_imgs/ppi_female.gif = FSM

Yikes.

HsojVvad
02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Not a rumour but an opnion. I don't think DA will be getting a new codex. Maybe they will be in the starter set but for a new codex? I don't think it will happen. I would love it to happen but don't see it. Unless GW has changed their patteren, DA stuff is still being sold on the web site so I don't see them being made anytime soon.

Isn't it about 3 months ahead of time you can't buy the codex of said army before it's being released? Since I still see DA codex being sold, at least for the next 3 months I don't see it happening. So going with what GW's pattern is, if it's a May/June DA release then the DA would have been pulled/not for sale online. I guess the minimum we will have an indication of this would be a September release so that would mean a May/June pulled/not for sale online then.

For Chaos SM, since it's rumoured the CSM codex will be renegades then I don't see it getting pulled/not for sale and the Legions or what ever they are called will come in.

Of course I have been wrong many times so I can be wrong. Again, it's just an opnion. :)

Mr.Pickelz
02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Ork Airplanes sounds cool, and really glad to hear Eldar are getting closer. Now if only that book were to contain rules for a Solitaire that would allow Harlequins as troops...:D:D

Blkswrdsman
02-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Since you seem to be a Sisters of Battle fan, I thought you would like to know that Matt Ward has a Sisters of Battle snuff Film....lol 1d4chan.org just type in Matt Ward in the search. Its utterly hilarious

TredHed
02-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I like hearing that the Tau and Eldar codexes are coming. I hope they do come out this year.

On a side note, Wood Elves, GW doesnt know what to do with them? Uh oh......I hope THEY dont get 'eaten by the Tyranids' too.

(>.< lamest reason/way to get rid of a race....Im not bitter...not at all)

Daemonette666
02-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Ork Airplanes sounds cool, and really glad to hear Eldar are getting closer. Now if only that book were to contain rules for a Solitaire that would allow Harlequins as troops...:D:D

It would be good if they make either aircraft - fliers/skimmers, that can be used in normal games of 40K for those armies that do not have them yet. A modified set of rules for Dreadclaw Drop Pods so they can be used in normal games, and a drop pod like vehicle for armies like Tau, Orks as well. Eldar/Dark Eldar have their Warp Gates, Necrons have Monoliths that can deep strike, and also deposit troops, Most if not all Marine armies have Drop Pods, and Guard have Valkeries.

Oh and a picture of a suitably sized female space marine without armour on, next to a normal size male.

GrenAcid
02-08-2012, 06:47 AM
@up
Its a fake....shes wearin high heels;)

Deadlift
02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
@up
Its a fake....shes wearin high heels;)

I was too busy looking at the water cooler coming out her bum :p

allensolay
03-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Credit card processing company Square is rolling out a trial of its payment platform in New York City taxicabs using iPads with custom cases as payment terminals, the New York Times reports. The system will be outfitted in 30 cabs to start, with the main benefit being ease of use. Passengers can swipe their card at any time during their journey, sign the screen with their finger, and then have a receipt emailed or texted to them.

Pickering Limo (http://www.lavishlimo.ca/)

Diagnosis Ninja
03-07-2012, 05:32 AM
but from an appearance POV, wouldn't it be better to have women wearing armour which had internal fitting and made them look the same from the outside? Why allow the enemy to see that there's a woman there? It makes them a target.

Ankehl
03-08-2012, 03:15 AM
Or a less important threat, cause that's women :D

The Shadow King
03-08-2012, 05:07 AM
You think women are less of a threat? if only...

Tokkan
03-08-2012, 07:14 AM
but from an appearance POV, wouldn't it be better to have women wearing armour which had internal fitting and made them look the same from the outside? Why allow the enemy to see that there's a woman there? It makes them a target.

From a practical standpoint, it would be extra weight that could be less intuitive to use, since the power armour wouldn't be matching the body shape as closely. 'Course, it'd mean more standard gear as well...

But since 40K ISN'T practical, that'd not only work, but would allow extra room in the cavities left for additional ammo, missile launchers, pauldrons, etc. :D

Wildcard
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
wouldn't it be better to have women wearing armour which had internal fitting and made them look the same from the outside?

Even for a proportionally 'regular size' boobs, a women of that size would have enormous jugs by the normal human standards :)

This would mean, that even internal fittings, the total chest measurements would be way over the STC-standards :)

And another point, since when there has been "only" regular size boobs in science fiction ;)

JosiahCook
03-09-2012, 01:15 AM
It would be good if they make either aircraft - fliers/skimmers, that can be used in normal games of 40K for those armies that do not have them yet. A modified set of rules for Dreadclaw Drop Pods so they can be used in normal games, and a drop pod like vehicle for armies like Tau, Orks as well. Eldar/Dark Eldar have their Warp Gates, Necrons have Monoliths that can deep strike, and also deposit troops, Most if not all Marine armies have Drop Pods, and Guard have Valkeries.

Oh and a picture of a suitably sized female space marine without armour on, next to a normal size male.

now thats a sister right their

slipknotzim
03-09-2012, 09:21 AM
if that where a sister of battle without the armor and a normal male, shed have him under her foot with a holy symbol beating him mercilessly for staring at her boobs, screaming about how she is one of the finniest warriors in the galaxy and wont be objectified anymore.
rock on sister

Duke
03-10-2012, 08:19 AM
And that should be about enough to close the thread.