PDA

View Full Version : Grey knights 1500 Tourny List

Prison Love
02-04-2012, 12:01 AM
I have enough Grey knights to make any list I can think of but I am unable to think of what one to use. I wanted some advice on what list would be the best for a tourny. I am a well experienced player and have won the last 7 out of the 10 tournaments I have attended. I am new to Grey Knights but Have Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Eldar so im not new to Warhammer 40k.

List 1: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draigo

Libby with Shrouding, Santucary and Might of Titan

Vindicare Assassin

10 paladins 1 hammers, 1 MC hammer, sword, staff, halberd, MC halberd, PSY sword, PSY MC sword, PSY halberd, PSY MC halberd

1 paladin Halberd

1 Paladin Halberd

PSYfleman Dread

List 2: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draigo

10 purifiers 1 hammer 5 halberds 4 PSY

10 paladins 1 hammers, 1 MC hammer, sword, staff, halberd, MC halberd, PSY sword, PSY MC sword, PSY halberd, PSY MC halberd

5 man strike squad 1 hammer 3 swords PSY (stay back and hold the fort and Warp Quake is nice

PSYfleman Dread

List 3: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draigo

5 man strike squad 1 hammer 3 swords PSY (stay back and hold the fort and Warp Quake is nice

10 man Interceptor Squad with 2 hammers 6 swords and 2 PSY

PSYfleman Dread

So the question is what one do people think would do best as a all comers Tourny list. The tourny's I go to have a good variety of lists so you never know what you are gonna see but all of them have some very solid players.

so List 1, 2 or 3 or scrap em and start over and come up with something else.

DarkLink
02-04-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm assuming you mean 5 and 10 Paladins in the second list, not two squads of 10? Since that would put you well over the points limit...

At this points level a Librarian plus Driago is too many points in characters and not enough bodies, plus I don't believe in single Paladins, so I'd scratch the first list.

Both the second and third lists have potential. I'm a big fan of Interceptors, and Driagowing has a problem with mobility so I'd go for the third list.

On the Paladins in general, I would drop the MC weapons and get a Brotherhood Banner instead. You'll still have plenty of unique models for wound allocation, and the Banner is really a must-buy. Points are tight enough you don't really need full wound allocation.

In general, though, Driagowing might be a bit lacking at 1500pts. There are just enough points that some enemy armies can bring enough to kill Paladins. On the other hand, most armies can't do that, so it might just come down to the opponents you face.

Personally, I'd take a Grand Master and 10 Terminators, and use the points saved to buy a second Psyrifle dread and beef up the Strike Squad to 10 men.

Grand Master, Rad/Psykotroke/Blind Grenades 210
10 Terminators, 2 Psycannons, Brotherhood Banner 475
10 GKSS, 2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer 230
10 Interceptors, 2 Psycannons, 1 Hammer, Psybolt Ammo 310
2 Psyrifle Dreads 270
Total: 1495

isotope99
02-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Agreed, a single vindicator or fire dragon squad can ruin your day at 1,500 points with all paladins.

You also have too much space to cover so you'll have less opportunity to get bonus movement from assaulting. You'll probably win most KP games just from being so few available but objectives will be v hard even with Draigo making things scoring.

I don't mutch rate the 5 man SS. Even with 10 and a rhino you're struggling to put out enough reliable firepower and survivability. The dreads can sit on your objectives now thanks to the FAQ. I'd shave elsewhere (you can get halfway by paring down the paladins a bit, MC weapons and staff) and try and increase to a full 10. ID will be the threat vs paladins as every S8 AP2 or better weapon will be pointed your way and Draigo can only take so much punishment.