PDA

View Full Version : Deffkoptas and the 6th Ed box set

DrLove42
02-03-2012, 10:06 AM
What will happen to the humble death copta when the current box set gets pulled?

People complain they have no models for Nids or Wolves, but a standard Ork player doens't have deffkoptas unless they buy a whole box. And thats been the case for much longer

Would GW finally sell them seperate? Or will Orks simply lose a unit becuase they don't exist (and I know people scratchbuild and convert)

SotonShades
02-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Don't tell me you are worried about my kopta force being able to expand in 6th? I've all ready got 25 of the blooming things! :p

I doub't they'll get put out as a separate kit, which is a shame. If they did, I would sorely be tempted to build up a few new ones with decent Kustom Megablastas. Althought they are relatively popular, and pretty decent in my experience, I can't believe they'll get official models until the next Ork Codex, or the next time FW looks at Orks.

Wolf Brother Hellstrom
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM
i too have plenty of deffcopters to go around becuase they are so expensive pointwise that no body want or field more than 2-3. ive taken my extra deff copters and turned them into bikers with a little help from some trukk tires. easy and useful conversion

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
There's a slim (slimmmm) chance they might be recut as a separate thing, like GWS did with the elf seaguard from the current fantasy box. Otherwise, it might be a good idea to ebay the life out've as many koptas as you think you'll need.

Rissan4ever
02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
What are you all talking about? The Deffkopta is still available as a separate kit. It's on the GW website, available for purchase.

SeattleDV8
02-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Thats a dated looking metal model, pricey and not as cool as the plastic one.

Rissan4ever
02-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Ah. I didn't realize they were referring to just the plastic one. The metal one still looks good IMO, but $33 for something can be shot down by a bolter is a little much.

Wildeybeast
02-03-2012, 12:00 PM
It still has a model available and the ork range is pretty well served in terms of plastic, which is more than can be said for other ranges. If you don't want the metal one, ebay plastic ones or wait until it gets finecasted. This really is a non-issue.

Defenestratus
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Ah. I didn't realize they were referring to just the plastic one. The metal one still looks good IMO, but $33 for something can be shot down by a bolter is a little much.

Don't laugh. This weekend a squad of 5 koptas told the Sanguinor to go meet his primarch in a single round of combat.

I cried in shame.

StarWarsDoug
02-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Not that anyone will believe me, but there are ork deffcopters already thru to sprue design. I don't know when they will get released as the designs were complete over a year ago, but they should be 3 to a box and do include all options.

Rissan4ever
02-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Not that anyone will believe me, but there are ork deffcopters already thru to sprue design. I don't know when they will get released as the designs were complete over a year ago, but they should be 3 to a box and do include all options.
That would be in line with what they've done with vehicles in the other lines, so I hope it's correct.

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I wouldnt be surprised that whenever they release multi-part deffkoptas - they make them a combo kit with a "new" unit as it would give more reason to buy the kit.

Rissan4ever
02-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I wouldnt be surprised that whenever they release multi-part deffkoptas - they make them a combo kit with a "new" unit as it would give more reason to buy the kit.
I hope so, too. The split kit boxes always have tons of bits left over for conversions and such.

Lockark
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I already have 30 of them from Ebay/trading with local players/ect. I stocked up about 6 months ago, realizing that we probly won't see plastic deff copptahs for awhile once the current starter set is pulled.
:D

Asymmetrical Xeno
02-06-2012, 02:43 AM
I hope so, too. The split kit boxes always have tons of bits left over for conversions and such.

I think it's the most likely outcome for this unit. Afterall, a lot of people will have gotten a lot of plastic deffkoptas already - annd making the unit into a more poseable/multi-part kit doesnt seem that justifiable does it? but stick in a new unit and it justifys the product far more. Of course they might just add new options to it too.

I'm personally not a fan of Orks, but I do think they have a solid and well designed range and one of the rumours on warseer did note a Fighter kit in the works : http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?332336-The-early-bird&p=6071105&viewfull=1#post6071105 so I am wondering if they may do something similar to what they did with Eldar and Vampire Counts by releasing a small model-wave with rules in WD as an interim.