PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt armored assault

Thefallen
01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
I have been trying to come up with a good, all-comer, turni list for a couple of the biggerturni's this year. Im thinking of alot armor. 11 tanks.
--Hq--
Recluseiach w/ infirnus ...145...
--Elite--
Sang priest w/ PW x3 ...195...
Sang priest w/ PW ...65...
--Troop--( each assault squad will get a priest)
Death co. x9 w/ 2xPF(bolters on these guys), 2xPW, ...520...
Land raider redeemer w/ MM, ( reclusiarche rides in here with death co.)
5 assault marines w/ PF, melta ...190
Razor w/ TLAC
Razor w/ TLAC
Razor w/ las/plas
Razor w/ las/plas
--Fast--
Baal pred w/ TLAC, HFs ...140...
--Heavy--
auto/las pred ...135...
auto/las pred ...135...
auto/las pred ...135...
The plan is pretty simple. Death co. LR , baal preds and asscan razors blitz the opponent. The lasplas razors sit at midfield to support the main force and hold home and close ,objectives. The auto/las preds sit back and blast important priorty targets. What do you think of this.
Or how about this?
I drop Death co, recluse and landraider for
...Hq...
Dante 225
Libby w/ JP, blood lance, unleash rage125
...Elite...
Brother corbulo 105
1 x priest with JP 75
2 x priest w/ PW 130
...Troop...
5 Sang guard with PF, 2 infernus pistol, banner 260(dante, jump priest, and libby go here)
5 assault marines PF, melta (brother corbulo here)
Razor asscan 190
5 assault marines PF, flamer (priest)
Razor asscan 185
5 assault marines PF, melta (priest)
Razor las/plas 190
5 assault marines PF, melta ( no priest this squad hangs back and sits on home obj)
Razor las/plas 190
...Fast...
Baal pred AC, HFs 140
Baal pred AC, HFs 140
Baal pred AC, HFs 140
...Heavy...
Auto/las pred 135
Auto/las pred 135 Auto/las pred 135
Dante, jump priest, libby, and sang guard make a good death star unit. With FC, FNP, fearless, prefered enemy, hit&run, 4 meltas, 2+ armor, DOA, MCPWs... I have had very good luck with this combo. I should it has almost all the special rules of the game in it. I tryed brother corbolo out a few times last night and I kinda like him. I think ill try him out some more.

thecactusman17
01-31-2012, 07:21 PM
You cannot have 4 sanguinary priests. Priests are a 0-1 selection. Also, do not underestimate the Fear the Darkness power. A lot of opponents have a very god chance of running thanks to the ld penalty, an easy way to knock units off objectives even if you cant kill them.

Thefallen
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
You cannot have 4 sanguinary priests. Priests are a 0-1 selection. Also, do not underestimate the Fear the Darkness power. A lot of opponents have a very god chance of running thanks to the ld penalty, an easy way to knock units off objectives even if you cant kill them.

I have just read the dex and erata. No where does it say I can't take multiple sang priests in different elite slots. 1-3 priests per elite slot. Both list are legal.

thecactusman17
02-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Hmm. I think I see where we are disagreeing. I am reading the piece about taking as a single elites choice to mean that you only take one elite choice.

Assuming you are correct, all I can point out is that 4 priests on the table is no better than three priests on the table, and that you currently have about 60 points that could be better invested into other units. Remember, each priest on the table is an additional killpoint in addition to anything else he does--and a 1-wound space marine independent character is a very easy target to pick out and kill in an assault. Each unit with an attached priest is worth at minimum two killpoints.

Thefallen
02-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Yah. There are a few down sides to all the priests. The assault squads generaly stay in there transports letting the tanks do most of the killing. The priests make those squads really tough and a threat to most things I will come across.
Which list do you think is better?

Wolfshade
02-02-2012, 06:15 AM
I like the first one the most, I'm running a similiar list this weekend but with 3 vindis instead of the preds.
As you say with the second list your priests are there to help keep the assault squads alive but they'll spend most of the time in a nice tin box.