PDA

View Full Version : 1500 BA mech versatility/correct weapon loadouts?

hoya4life3381
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Librarian (Shield and Unleash Rage) - 100
Sanguinary Priest - 50
3 Assault Termis w/LC's and 2 w/TH & SS - 210
Land Raider Redeemer w/Multimelta and Extra Armor

5 Assault Marines w/Meltagun in Las/Plas Razorback - 165

Baal Predator w/TL-Assault Cannon and Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 145
2 Attack Bikes w/Multimelta - 100

Predator w/Autocannon and Lascannon Sponsons - 135
Total: 1500

I chose the Redeemer pattern for the Termis want to get as close and fast as possible to assault, it has enough capacity for what I want to load, and it packs Flamestorm cannons for marine-roasting. Since I armed the Land Raider for marine roasting, I'm not going to take any Baal Flamestorms nor Vindicators for that same role. Being in flamer range is obviously dangerous, so I figured the LRR with all 14 ARM and no weak side is probably the best at surviving it and would end up in the situation anyways because of Terminators (obviously the LRR is my biggest point sink to so there's risk).

I choose a traditional Baal Predator to be the medium-range firepower (mini LRR Crusader). The Attack Bikes will either turbo or hide behind my vehicles to offer a midfield melta presence. I could arm my Razorbacks with TL-Assault cannons to further enhance my midfield presence.

Since my Predator is my only long-range weapon, I thought it would be logical for my Razorbacks to be as well to help build redundancy into the list in terms of longer range weapons. Should I go with with Twin-Linked Lascannon or keep the Las/Plas? Is 3 regular lascannons enough weapon spammage to make up for the advantages of twin-linking? If you have more regular lascannons, you get greater variablity and possibilities for good results that make up for the assurance of twin-linking. The other key is that each Razorback I lose makes remaining ones with Twin-Linking better since I have less overall shots to fire off. Hopefully, between the LR, Predators, and Attack Bikes, the Razors should be lower on priority.

Suggestions and thoughts would be helpful!