PDA

View Full Version : New WFB Blog

Tobs6311
01-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, I've been reading the blogs/forums for a couple years now, and I've gotten to the point where i'm comfortable with starting my own blog. It's primarily a way for me to showcase some of my work and motivate myself. It will primarily be WFB painting/modelling work, with some 40k and Napoleonics thrown in here and there. The site is paintinglittlemen.blogspot.com Let me know what you think!

JTS

wittdooley
01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
I think you should actually post more here if you want people to go to your site.

Chronowraith
01-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Yup, the best way to get followers on a blog is to post meaningful topics and responses on a popular forum rather than just throwing your web address out into the nether realms.

Due to the large number of blogs for our chosen hobby you really have to give people a reason to visit your blog over that of others :-)

Nonetheless, good luck in your endeavor.

Tobs6311
01-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the hint wittdooley. There have been many times when I have been about to contribute to a thread/discussion on BoLS, but the ensuing arguments/criticism of other's opinions (which often devolve into personal attacks) have always turned me off. Even in a post like mine which seeks encouragement and a positive reaction from the community seems to draw fire- your reply seemed to imply that why should people waste their time with my blog when I don't actively participate in the forums (forgive me if I read your post incorrectly). Maybe I will start contributing my thoughts to some posts, but for now I would prefer to document my hobby progress and seek advice, rather than draw the ire of some troll.

Chronowraith- thanks for expanding upon wittdooley's reply; I definitely understand what you mean, I was hoping that my blog would give the WFB part of the GW hobby a slightly larger digital footprint after the (somewhat) recent posts about the lack of community on the web. But I will try to add my 2 cents if I think it's worth a read.

JTS

eldargal
01-30-2012, 01:26 AM
I wouldn't take Wittdooley's comment personally. As a constructive member of the forum you are more likely to get people to visit your blog than if you just post the occasional ad for it. I know I check the blogs of regular posting members a lot more than people who just post every now and then.:)

As someone who loves WFB just as much as 40k (now that 8th has made it worth playing again) I for one welcome another fantasy themed blog, but having another player bulk out the fantasy section on BoLS would be a big plus too.

I like your High Elves by the way.