PDA

View Full Version : Kit Bashed Crowe

Deadlift
01-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Well I have a game coming up for my new GK army and one of my HQ is Crowe. However due to already hitting my hobby £ limit this month I wasn't allowed by her indoors to purchase the finecast model. So in fear of her nagging I decided to make and paint a quick counts as until next month. Using what I had in my bitz box I knocked this chap together and painted him this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't have a spare GK helm so went with a BA head instead and as it was a rush job, I used a book icon instead of a banner. I kind of like how he turned out.
bitz used are from the Dark angels, Blood Angels, Grey Knights and WFB Chaos Knights kits.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab3/joenortonjones/IMG_6428.jpg

He is by no means my best and needs a little touch up here and there as well as a wash on those seals, but for a couple of games he will do :)

celestialatc
01-29-2012, 06:38 AM
I think he looks neat. The Chaos sword adds a nice touch.

jonsgot
01-29-2012, 07:18 AM
I used a Demon sword on a terminator once. My mates all took the mik :( later I swaped it for an power armour sword which I'm happier with. I recon a relic blade made from instant mould and green stuff would be a better option. I Like the rest of the model.

Deadlift
01-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I used a Demon sword on a terminator once. My mates all took the mik :( later I swaped it for an power armour sword which I'm happier with. I recon a relic blade made from instant mould and green stuff would be a better option. I Like the rest of the model.

Crowe carrys a daemon blade, its part of his war gear :)

jonsgot
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Fair enough then!

templarboy
01-29-2012, 04:44 PM
I really like this "counts as". This really shows the beauty of the GW plastic SM/GK/BA/DA/CSM model kits. You can mix and match and really put together something special. The paint job is also really nice. Two thumbs up!:cool:

Xenith
01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Looks better than the actual GW model. More...character.

Maybe if you get the chance, just nick real Crowe's back banner?