PDA

View Full Version : New army idea

BlacknightIII
01-27-2012, 10:40 AM
I am looking to do a short range in your face shooting army. Any suggestions as to what the best army would be for this type of fighting? No necrons please.

Dalleron
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Depends on what " in your face short range means"

If you mean rapid fire goodness then any marine army. Before their crappy codex fix, I would have said Sisters. If you would like some good assault element with this in your face approach, I'd pick Space Wolves. Or Chaos Marines for the fact you CAN have more than 10 bodies in a squad.

JxKxR
01-27-2012, 10:55 AM
A wolf guard army would be pretty good for this style of play.

heretic marine
01-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I play a Death Korp of Kreig army list like that, I could post it if you want me to.

DrLove42
01-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Dark Eldar.

Yes their frailty means they can't get away with it as easily as other choices, but with the best anti-foot people gun in the game (kill everything from a marine to a wraithlord on a 4+), the means to get in your face short range quickly and finally being no slouch in an inevitable counter assault they can perform the role well

Luke Licens
01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Any army with a proliferation of Rapid Fire weapons and transports can be played as an 'in your face shooting army'. Since that includes just about every army in the game, take your pick.

Even the Tau can do it. That's what the Fish of Fury is all about.

As for how effective any given army is, that's really up to the terrain, the enemy, and the general (aka you).

Even a Pink Horror Daemonbomb army can work, with enough skill and a little luck. :D

Emerald Rose Widow
01-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Another option for an "in your face shooty army" are the Tyranids, most of their guns are 12 or 18 inches (with devourers having a LOT of shots) and in assault they just are awesome. That and they are fun to paint and are so different than other armies looks wise and play wise.

SeattleDV8
01-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Pfft, Grey Knights hands down are the masters of short range , high ROF weapons.

Shadoq
01-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Salamanders are a good choice too with Drop Pods, Sternguard, and Vulkan to twin link weapons.

razcalking
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
I'd agree with Shadoq. Nothing says "in your face shooting" like a Drop Pod Salamanders army.

Wolfshade
01-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Dark Angels, a Deathwing list.
Teleporting 10-man terminator squads bristling with Cyclone Missile Launchers is always fun

Pendragon38
01-30-2012, 09:14 AM
you have some great picks for armys. I like csm you can have havocs with 4 auto-canons to lay them low. Or sm with a M.o.F you can get 6 dreads and droppods to fourm a fire line.just a thought

Charistoph
01-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Orks, Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Grey Knights are probably the best ones to mix all that together.

Dalleron
01-31-2012, 11:23 PM
Deathwing termies are limited to 5 a squad. There is no option for adding more bodies and missile launchers.

Rissan4ever
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'd agree with Shadoq. Nothing says "in your face shooting" like a Drop Pod Salamanders army.
...or an IG Vets in Valks army, or a Tau Fish of Fury army, or an Eldar Avengers in Wave Serpents army, or Orks in Trukks, or Dakka-Fexes in Mycetic Spores, or Necrons in Ghost Arks, or...

Any army can be an "in your face short range shooting army" because all armies have that capability. You just have to pick the flavor you like best and go with that.