PDA

View Full Version : Seraphim + IC?

The Twilight Fade
01-26-2012, 08:45 AM
A couple of questions re: the WD sisters codex

1) The seraphim pistols rules state that the seraphim squad may fire two pistols if they are equipped with them, but does this extend to attached characters or in this case a canoness with two plasma pistols

2) Kinda related to the first as it says the seraphim squad may also re-roll failed act of faith tests and would this re-roll extend to a canoness using the passion?

Largely irrelevant from most gaming perspectives but my friends let the canoness take a jump pack so it presents an option previously unavailable for them

So would an attached charcter be considered part of the squad as far as these rules go?

Leandros
01-26-2012, 03:10 PM
1) No, Because it's the "Seraphim pistols" rule which allows you to fire both. IC don't have this rule.

2) Same thing here.

Unfortunately Seraphims cannot share these special rules with other IC. So giving your Canonness 2 plasma pistols will not let you fire 2 times.

DarkLink
01-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The character doesn't have the rule, so the character doesn't get the extra shots even if it joins the unit. I think in this case the same thing applies to the Faith power, but I didn't check the codex so I'm not sure.

Tynskel
01-26-2012, 09:35 PM
I thought the WD rules stated that ICs benefit from the Faith Powers from a unit they are attached to.

thecactusman17
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM
None of the above are faith powers. They are unit rules.

Also, I thought that canonesses could already take jump packs. Just keep in mind that a canoness doesn't have the hit-and-run special rule, so if she is attached the unit can't jump back out.

DarkLink
01-27-2012, 12:47 AM
Right, I think the situation in question is this: The cannoness has her faith power, the seraphim have theirs. The seraphim have a rule that lets them reroll their faith power. If the cannoness joins, does she gain the rule to reroll her (not the squad's) faith power?

A successful power still affects both the character and the unit. The question is, do you get the reroll.

doom-kitten
01-27-2012, 02:44 AM
No to both questions, the rules are specific to the seraphim and not the canoness herself, as neither are a Faith ability she benefits in no way at all. Also the Seraphim don't have the ability to choose to reroll they merely count as equipped with a Simulacrum if the Superior is still alive therefore yes they can reroll the canoness's faith ability if it's failed as a Simulacrum allow a unit to reroll one faith test not just their specific ability.

doom-kitten
01-27-2012, 02:48 AM
None of the above are faith powers. They are unit rules.

Also, I thought that canonesses could already take jump packs. Just keep in mind that a canoness doesn't have the hit-and-run special rule, so if she is attached the unit can't jump back out.

New Sisters rules don't allow jump packs for Canonesses in addition the hit and run no longer applies to the seraphim.

The Twilight Fade
01-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Cool I kinda thought I was stretching the pistols thing a bit far but for now i'll play as allowing a re-roll for the canoness.

in addition the hit and run no longer applies to the seraphim.

Also seraphim still have hit and run don't they?, it's listed in their special rules. They just have to do the init test now....or did I make that up :confused:

doom-kitten
01-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Oh by the Emperors left nut, if I somehow missed Hit and Run on Seraphim, I'm gonna cry in a corner. Arrrgh now I have to find that stupid magazine...XD Hate it when I miss rules to a freaking army I've been playing from years. Oh yes rant time, I'd include the annoying noises of irritation I'm making right now but I imagine it's impossible, anywhos I'll check the magazine and facepalm if it's there if not well meh who really cares except that weird cat I think is following me...yes.

The Twilight Fade
01-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Oh by the Emperors left nut, if I somehow missed Hit and Run on Seraphim, I'm gonna cry in a corner. Arrrgh now I have to find that stupid magazine...XD Hate it when I miss rules to a freaking army I've been playing from years. Oh yes rant time, I'd include the annoying noises of irritation I'm making right now but I imagine it's impossible, anywhos I'll check the magazine and facepalm if it's there if not well meh who really cares except that weird cat I think is following me...yes.

Yeah just checked it, it's there, thought I was going mad!

doom-kitten
01-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Facepalm...sooo much anger XD Arrrrrggggh no wonder they always freakin die, mental note read all the rules peoples all of them, you might learn something arghhhh so disappointed in myself.