PDA

View Full Version : Stormlord's storm

Nachodragon
01-24-2012, 05:32 PM
I wanted to clarify part of the FAQ for the Stormlord. Since they FAQ'd him to re-roll the storm with a Chronometron I figured if he was removed the storm would disappear, but I was not sure when.

First I sent an email. I received and email back stating they no longer answer rules questions via email and to call and so I called.

They stated if he is on the board (reserve does not count) he can re-roll with the Chronometron to have it continue. But if he is removed from play the storm is actually a separate entity and continues as normal and would only be removed if you roll bad.

grayden1977
01-25-2012, 10:09 AM
It's weird. I've been playing that if he dies, the storm is over.

The wording is "If your army includes Imotekh." Is he still included if he is removed as a casualty? Arguable. But I think the rule as intended is meant to be a special ability of the character (hence the chrono reroll) so if he is gone, the storm ends.

DrLove42
01-25-2012, 10:35 AM
That is wierd. So the storm counts as tied to him for the purposes of being able to reroll the tests but not for him when dead.

So hes controlling it and has power over it. But he doesn't need to cos it is its own thing? Thats wierd

Nachodragon
01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
When I asked the question I originally wanted to know if it went away immediately or the next time you would roll. They said no it stays. The FAQ only gives in an additional ability towards the storm. I am just as confused as to why but in reality, I like it.

hisdudeness
01-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Just a heads up: calls and emails from GW will get you no where in a rules question. You can call 4-5 times and will get just as many answers as people you talk to.

I would completely disregard anything they told you.

theHman
01-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Just a heads up: calls and emails from GW will get you no where in a rules question. You can call 4-5 times and will get just as many answers as people you talk to.

I would completely disregard anything they told you.

This.