PDA

View Full Version : Some simple advice wanted :p

Morgan Darkstar
01-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah maybe not so simple but here goes...

Say you suddenly find yourself attracted to two people one several times more than the other, however that person is already seeing one of your friends. And the two people you are attracted to are your friends.....

What the hell should you do ?????

gwensdad
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
Any advice given here in a situation like this can never be called "simple".

Trying to form advice in my head now...this may take a few hours...

Psychosplodge
01-23-2012, 02:24 AM
Nothing....
would be the simple advice.

More complicated answer would be nothing because getting between your friends is going to result in the loss of at least one friend if not both. And is it fair on the one that you aren't as interested in if you aren't that interested in her? again can result in the loss of a friend.
I mean obviously if you have a surplus of friends and can afford to lose half a dozen or so go for it, but otherwise...

eldargal
01-23-2012, 02:28 AM
If all of you were open-minded girls I'd suggest having a casual relationship with everyone, but otherwise I'm going to echo Psychosplodge. Acting on it will just end up alienating friends and these things can have a nasty tendency to snowball.

I'd also caution taking advice from people on the internet, if you really need it go to a professional like a priest/psychiatrist/psychologist/etc.

Morgan Darkstar
01-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Oh god.. seriously why did I have to post this?

I really should unplug the computer before i go on a night out.

well it's done now and. editing the post just seems lame..

Apparently this issue has been playing on my mind more than I had realised.

I do care about both girls, and to be honest I had almost come to the decision that doing nothing is probably for the best..

Still though I cannot help but think is taking the risk worth it for a shot at happiness?

I'll work it out in my head somehow.

DrLove42
01-23-2012, 08:21 AM
I guess you were drunk when you posted this then?

Still though I cannot help but think is taking the risk worth it for a shot at happiness?

Been there, done that, got the 6 months of councilling to deal with that (and everything else went wrong at the same time).

I've had that argument with myself before. Is it worth trying? Probably. But you do have to be sure. I've done the choose to date a friend and deal with the fallout before. Now here I am, still friends with said person, but glad it didn't work out.

So in summary...I can say stuff like this, but by no means listen to me. I'm a moron

But good luck.

Morgan Darkstar
01-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Yes I was quite drunk last night, apparently having a new job "First time in 5 years" :eek: Gives you the ability to party longer and harder :p especially since I am off today.

Glad to hear you are still friends with the person in question DrLove...... and to be honest I think we all become Morons when feelings like this are thrown into the mix..

Denzark
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Use stealth, secrecy, wit and erudition. Remember the military truism that time spent on reconnaissance is never wasted.

This means, to maintain plausible deniability, you need to know where you will bury the bodies if you get found out.

Remember it is always better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't.

Hope this helps,

Psychosplodge
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Although not doing it tends to leave less scars...