PDA

View Full Version : I feel really dumb

Schlitzaf
01-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I can't seem to get my mind around it, why does no one take havocs over oblits anymore. Yes havocs compared to long fangs cost they are expensive. But 4 missile launchers Havocs cost 165 while 3 oblits cost 225? Is it just variety of options the oblits have?

Nachodragon
01-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I take 5 Havocs with Missile launchers when I play Chaos, I also take 3 oblits. The main reason people take oblits is maneuverability. They can move and fire, sometimes not far, but they can still move. Also, better survivability. Oblits have 2+/5+ and 2 wounds. Though, anything shooting at them will probably be st8 and ignore that second wound. Powerfists in CC doesn't hurt either.

Really comes down to what you play against locally. Oblits having lascannons pretty much make mine turn one targets, but only against some armies. I love my oblits but in turn 1 of a game I took out 20 guys from a IG 50 man blob (with the help of lash), his turn 1, my Hacovs died....

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Part of the Oblit.s charm is that you can deep strike them and immediately fire heavy weaponry. The variability doesn't hurt too, it means that no matter who you're fighting, they'll always be able to do significant damage. Flexibility is key; I can try and deep strike them in Melta-range, but fail, I can always use lascannons/autocannons instead. Havocs, while being a bit cheaper, are slower, more fragile and less flexible.

DarkLink
01-21-2012, 03:29 AM
Oblits are also 2 wounds with a 2+, with a power fist, and can move and shoot. Plus you can pull out a melta or whatever when the opponent gets close, or use a lascannon for the str 9, etc. They're very flexible, whereas havocs can do only one thing and are mediocre at it compared to similar units in other codices like long fangs.

Xyxel
01-21-2012, 04:58 AM
You can have Havocs with four meltaguns in Rhino for extra anti-tank punch.
3x 5 Havocs with 4 meltaguns
3x 5 Chosen with 5 meltaguns
6x 5 Plague marines with 2 meltaguns
that's 39 meltaguns total! :D

mstingray
01-21-2012, 05:13 AM

Then there's that awkward moment when you're playing an Ork foot army

Anggul
01-21-2012, 08:01 AM

What's the point in doing it with Havocs when you can do it with Chosen who can outflank?

fuzzbuket
01-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Then there's that awkward moment when you're playing an Ork foot army

HAHA silly mathhammeres, in my experiance things with 1 shot always miss tanks, but brightlances are expert termagant killers!

Nachodragon
01-21-2012, 12:48 PM
HAHA silly mathhammeres, in my experiance things with 1 shot always miss tanks, but brightlances are expert termagant killers!

I want to upvote this so hard!

Hmm, been on the internets too long.