PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Guard 750

thecactusman17
01-20-2012, 01:46 AM
I was lucky enough to acquire some Guard models recently, and I'm thinking about putting together a small army. I have only one vehicle (a Vendetta Gunship) and have zero interest in expanding further, though the infantry are not yet assembled.

Goals: shooting army, heavy weapon platoons and a Vendetta will do most of my heavy anti-tank work. After enemy tanks are cleared out, I hope that I will see a lot of chances to make quick work of my opponent's infantry. In most games i play at this point level, I expect to be placed with a random team mate.

Company Command Squad - 75
Grenade Launcherx3
Lascannon

Platoon Alpha
Platoon Command Squad
Lascannon
Grenade Launcherx3

Alpha Squad 1
Grenade Launcher
Lascannon

Alpha Squad 2
Grenade Launcher
Lascannon

Platoon Beta
Platoon Command Squad
Lascannon
Grenade Launcherx3

Beta Squad 1
Grenade Launcher
Lascannon

Beta Squad 2
Grenade Launcher
Lascannon

10 Veterans
3x meltaguns

Vendetta Gunship

Total: exactly 750
Total scoring units: 7
total killpoints: 7
New models: 0 new models

Thoughts?

Flammenwerfer13
01-21-2012, 12:22 PM
You can only have 2x Grenade Launchers and a Lascannon. 1 Commander and 4x Guardsmen of which 2x will make up the Lascannon team. This applies to both Company and Platoon Command Squads.

Also since you can only give a max 4 commands a turn lets shuffle the units around and do what Guard does best specializing units for one purpose.

Command Squad
Commander and 4x Melta guns
Platoon Alpha
Commander and 4x Grenade Launchers
1st Squad with Flamer
2nd Squad with Flamer
Heavy Weapons Squad with 3x Lascannons

Platoon Beta
Commander and 4x Grenade Launchers
1st Squad with Flamer
2nd Squad with Flamer
Heavy Weapons Squad with 3x Lascannons

1x Vendetta

I took all the weapons you had spread out and consolidated them into squads so they are far more effective this way. You have 5x more special weapons and another scoring unit. You can combine the infantry squads most of the time and really rock someone's face with 16x Lasguns, 2x Flamers, and 2x Laspistols. Just and absurd amount of shots that push you towards a good normal number for mathammering units. Throw in First rank, second rank, third rank fire for fun. Putting all the grenade launchers into the Platoon command lets to use them as four small pie plate blast for those hordes or four krak grenades for light armor. You now have 2x HWS's with Lascannons for Bring it down. Also if you need to make the vendetta scoring throwing in a Infantry squad in it those you're not linking in your mind that the vets always go in the Vedetta as you can then put in the CCS for the 4x melta bum rush with orders verse a 3x melta bum rush with out orders and you don't lose a scoring unit.