PDA

View Full Version : WGC 2012 - WFB Events Open Thread

Bigred
01-18-2012, 02:47 PM
All questions and comments for Warhammer Fantasy events go here.

Vaelyn
03-24-2012, 10:50 AM
First, please let me say a word of thanks to any and all involved in WARgames Con in general. I've attended the last three years and it has been a marvelous experience all around!

I was, however,very disappointed--heartbroken is not too strong a word--to learn that the Legion of Azgorh Chaos Dwarf army from the Forge World book Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos would be disallowed at this year's Warhammer Fantasy Battle events. I'm writing in hope of changing the minds of the TOs and getting this decision reversed. I'll try to anticipate the possible objections to CDs and rebut them in turn. Please hear me out.

1.) Chaos Dwarfs do not have an official Games Workshop Army Book.

A: This argument is actually 100% false. On page 105 of Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos it states quite clearly that the Legion of Azgorh "should be considered an official Army List for Warhammer." Since Forge World is now a full-fledged part of Games Workshop, this statement can be accepted as authoritative. It doesn't get more official than this.

2.) Official or not, it's not a Games Workshop book.

A: See sbove. While it is true that Chaos Dwarfs do not have their own dedicated Army Book exclusive to themselves, this is a distinction without a difference.

3.) If we allow one Forge World list, we'll have to allow all of them.

A: Not necessarily. To my knowledge, the LoA list is the only Forge World list ever to be declared official. None of the other units, vehicles, characters, or monsters they have ever published has been, including the non-Chaos Dwarf units and characters in the Tamurkhan book. You could easily allow the Legion of Azgorh without allowing any other Forge World units or characters. Admittedly, this opens another door with regard to Warriors of Chaos armies, since Tamurkhan allows those to take Chaos Dwarf units under certain circumstances, but you could solve this by allowing straight LoA lists while disallowing WoC lists from buying CD units--or just bite the bullet and allow WoC to go ahead and take CDs as the rules specify. (I seriously doubt it would cause any real disruption, but I leave that judgment to you.)

4.) Chaos Dwarfs will eventually get their own Army Book--THEN they can play in our tourney.

A: C'mon... we all know that won't happen! GW left Chaos Dwarfs to rot in limbo for eleven years without a new book (of course, their provisional list was excellent and stood the test of time, but that's another issue...). If you exclude this fully official Army L:st now, you are doing so for the foreseeable future. Don't leave us CD players hangin'!

5.) Other players won't know anything about the list.

A: This is potentially true for ANY army.

6.) It's too late to change our minds.

A: WARgames Con 2012 is still three months away. An announcement on this Forum would be sufficient. Trust me, the word will spread like wildfire! We CD players have been known to travel far and wide in order to play our beloved Dark Dwarfs in tounaments, and you can be sure many would troop down to Austin this summer to do so.

Well, gentlemen and ladies, I await your decision. Please discuss and let the world know what you decide. If you rule against me, fair enough... I'll just play (sigh) some other army. I hope you'll consider my arguments carefully, however, and make the right choice!

Yours sincerely,
V.

Naffanya
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Why I must buy expensive pills while I can get generics buy differin (http://lebrisa.com) on line with delivery to my place and for considerably lower price. I am ready to accept the situation that customer support sometimes can be dull when I want to trace my order plus lamisil (http://kinkyboi.com/)

Vaelyn
03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Anybody? Is there a TO in the house?

Jwolf
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Vaelyn,

I've forward your message to the event TOs; I will make sure they respond.

Ronin01
04-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for your question.

I agree that the Legion of Azgorh is official. My main concerns before was that the book is not easily available ($90 purchase price), and the army is much less known than other armies.

Recently, I have had a chance to play in a couple of events where the army was allowed. I think as it is now starting to be played more frequently, my latter argument is less relevant. I'm beginning to see more Indy GT's allow it, so familiarity is becoming less of an issue.

I have decided that I will allow it at WGC, with the same stipulation we have made at my local gaming club. The player must have an actual copy of the book to show opponents who would like to see the rules.

Sound fair?

Thanks!
L

Vaelyn
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
If it's not clear yet, THANK YOU! You have made me an exceedingly happy gamer!!!

I'll cheerfully accept those conditions and keep smiling all day!

ogres_lair
04-10-2012, 02:17 PM
Afternoon,

I got a quick question. When are the army lists due for the WFB 2500 GT due? I do not see it in the rule pack.

Tim D.

Naffanya
06-14-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm new here , nice thread!

kbdrand
06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Sorry, posted in the forum as a top level thread before realizing i should post here.

How tough is the WYSIWYG rule for the fantasy events? Will there be an issue if my model is holding a bow but the character is listed as holding a sword, etc? As long as it is clear that is a character, BSB, musician, etc it should not matter, right?

Also, is some minor nudity on a few models ok? I have some Freebooter minis that are part of my army and a few of them are not wearing any tops ( they are Fairies after all).