PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 2012 FAQ Nerf or balance?

Bitrider
01-18-2012, 12:35 AM
So in the latest faq:

1. runes of witnessing and warding have been changed from 3d6 to "...roll an extra dice..".
2. Defend reworded so that I read it as just one attack reduction rather than one per Assualt phase.

1. I am missing why the change for the RoWit/War, thoughts?

2.Defend seems an obvious nerf and I can't seem to fathom that Eldar were so amazing they needed a reduction in power. What am I not seeing?

Thanks,

G

thecactusman17
01-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Defend now works every assault phase including if you re locked in combat, but only if you attack the DAs.

runes of Witnessing/warding: Clearly, this is reworded to better work with things like Shadow in the Warp and other anti-psyker abilities (including the same Runes on the other side of the table). So if you have runes of witnessing and your opponent has shadow in the warp, you now roll 4d6 and discard the highest.

DrLove42
01-18-2012, 04:32 AM
If you were playing defend as lose one attack in round 1, lose 2 attacks in round 2, lose 3 attacks in round 3.

Then you were really playing it wrong in the first place. Its not a nerf if you weren't playing it right in the first place.

Anggul
01-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Ah, that's a shame, with more shadow in the warp runes of witnessing actually had a use until this.

thecactusman17
01-18-2012, 10:07 AM
This still helps against SITW, as the extra die lets you remove higher dice that would take you past leadership.