PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Necron after game report

Bedroom General
01-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Well, that was epic. Just finished playing a team game 4000pts a side. Everyone else was a Marine player.
Random pairing, Blood Angels and Vanilla Vs Ultras and my Necrons
We won 14 kps to 6. I lost 1 squad (1kp!)
And...(drum roll)...I mugged Mephiston!
Sweet revenge for my Tau's humiliation at his hands.:)

Here is the list and how the units went in the battle.
We knew it would be annihilation ahead of time, so I took minimum troops, but I wouldn't say my list was too cheesey otherwise.

Necron 1995pts

Anrakyr
Command Barge, gauss cannon

3x Harbinger of Destruction (1 with Pyrrian Eternals, 2 as a royal court unit)
Lord, Res orb (with Warriors)
Lord Res orb, War scythe (With Lychguard)

Destroyer Lord, Mindshackle Scarabs

5x Triarch Praetorians
5x Lychguard, Hyperphase sword and Dispersion shield

15x Necron Warriors
5x Immortals

3x Scarabs
4x Wraiths 4x Whipcoils

Monolith
3x Spyders 3x particle beamers

How did they go?

Anrakyr, Command Barge
First time for this new model and it performed magnificently. Taking over machines is a hoot! Fired a hunter killer off a tank at a speeder(Cursed cover save!) blew up three bikers using a dreadies plasma cannon, survived bucketloads of attention only losing the gauss cannon. Swept the assault cannons off and stunned an unfortunate Baal Predator. Probably the most fun model to actually use on the table that I've ever played. I was expecting it to conform to the "New model dies immediately" rule.

The Destroyer lord mindshackled Mephiston who killed one of his own guys and who got slaughtered due to whipcoils making him I1. I gang banged Mephiston and his honour guard with the wraiths and lord, and the Praetorians! Two rounds it took, the bugger is tough. I didn't take a wound, 'cos he hit his own guy!!! The Wraith's coils are brilliant, they even it up for the Destroyer lord, oh and the Praetorians.

Spyders took out an assault squad in H2H, then shot up a bike squad and then two (I'd lost one by this time) survived being charged by a furioso with blood talons, and calmly reduced him to a smoking pile of dismantled parts.

Scarabs started small with only three but six were all I needed to get the rear armour of a stunned pred down to 4, and in the next round 12 penetrating hits!!!! then held up an attack bike for two rounds. Ended the game with 6 swarms despite being badly shot up. At one point I was down to 1 base with 2 wounds!

Monolith took 8 or so heavy shots and all the heat off the rest of the army in the first two turns before being melta'd top of third round. Just before it would have been in an incredibly good position, dammit.

Necron warriors took some loses in a shoot out, then were attacked by a 5 man BA assault squad, who, despite being only two strong by the time they assaulted, won the combat and swept the squad. Sigh!

Pyrrian Eternals shot once (late reserve) took out a BA honour guard

Anyway, I'm babbling, I'll just close by saying that Anrakyr on a barge is the best fun since sliced bread. Also Destroyer Lords with Mindshackle Scarabs and CoilWraiths is the best team up. So far my wraith/Destlord combo have been deadly.

Feel free to comment.

Lemt
01-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Isn't 4 Whips a bit too much? 2 should be more than enough to hold the enemy still.

Bedroom General
01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Lemt, I love the extra coils. Due to the size of the Destroyer Lord's base, I need to keep at least one wraith very near to him, so more means a wider front/enemy snared and redundancy should I ever lose a Wraith. I need to attack first to reduce the incoming hits, and hopefully to kill power weapons/fists. It is how I get around I2 in H2H.
They also synergize well with Praetorians, should you wish to forego the pleasures of a Destroyer Lord with Mindshackle. It is also very amusing to just get one Wraith into assault and watch as defenders react pulls more of the enemy unit into the coils of three/four wraiths. Ain't got old yet :)