PDA

View Full Version : Advice on converting Savlar chem riders / troops

George Labour
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Okay so I decided I'm finally breaking away from my beloved Vostroyan and Steel Legion models in order to make a third group I can use as regurlar grunts/penal legion/conscripts/whatever when I use the others as veterans in various games. For this reason I decided I wanted to do the savlar chem dogs as it'd be fitting for them to be given the less glamorous work while the 'important' soldiers get all the glory.

For the start of my project I decided I was going to do a group of 10 chem riders as I don't have any rough riders at all in my army and I can't afford Krieg death riders. After that it'll be a small platoon of infantry kitted out with as many flamers as I can get. I'll be using cadian models, with the Pig Iron Kolony rebel heads fro almost all of them.

Now so far I have some cadian bodies, a single box of the Chaos Marauder Horsement from WHFB, and some ideas. I've also gone and hacked the Marauder horsemen's torsos off so I can use cadian bodies on the upper part. And some Ebay shopping has netted me extra torsos, plus pistol and chainsword arms to use.

BUt what I don't have are any detailed guides or advice, just a few pictures of awesome work done by others scattered over the web.

So, any advice on converting would be nice. Specifially any hints on using Green stuff to make their ragged ponchos/shoulder cover, and how to fit the cadian bodies to those horse rider legs. Heck any step by step guides for any of those specific features would be nice. The green stuff part especially has me worried as I've never done anything with it before.

Also if anyone can think of better and or cheaper heads than the Pig iron ones I see on the warstore, please chime in.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.