PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Mekz

SotonShades
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey Hey

Bit of a wierd question, as you may have guessed, about having multiple Meks transported in and/or in base contact with a vehicle. The rules for Mek's Tools allow you to repair a single Weapon Destroyed result or Immobilised result, at the start if the shooting phase instead of shooting, on a roll of 4+ (this even allows a repaired weapon to shoot in that shooting phase). So far so simple.

But what about if you have multiple Meks? Firstly, assuming the vehicle has already taken more than one damage result, do you have to allocate which Mek is repairing which result (i.e. First Mek is repairing the Kannon, second Mek is repairing the Rokkit Launcha and third Mek is Repairing the Immobilised reulst) or can you roll all of your Meks' repair rolls and then allocate what damages are repaired? Can multiple Meks attempt to repair the same damage? If I've only lost a Kannon, can I attempt a repair for each Mek onboard and/or can I roll for them one after the other, and then shoot with any that weren't needed for the repair? Or do you need to select which Mek is going to be used for repairs and/or shooting before rolling?

Can Meks attempt to repair a vehicle they are on board that is stunned/shaken? On a repair roll of a 1, they shake the vehicle anyway, so can other Meks continue to attempt to make repairs assuming the vehicle was shaken before you started rolling for repairs?

Finally, and you may have to bare with me on this one; The vehicle immobilizes itself in difficult terrain in the movement phase having moved over 6" already. Does it still count as having moved for that shooting phase? Normally this wouldn't confuse me (probably) but I keep thinking about the assault phase. If you immobilise a vehicle at a high initiative, it counts as stationary for the purposes of hitting for all the lower initiatives, regardless of how far it moved in the previous turn. Equally, if you shoot it and immobilise it, you automatically hit it in the assault phase... Here it is being immobilised in one phase (movement), so counts as immobile in the next phase (shooting), regardless of how far it moved? If so, being immobile, can it shoot all its weapons? How about if the Mek(s) repair the immobilised result at the start of the shooting phase? It was Immobile (so would be able to shoot) but is now mobile again, so does it count as having moved or not?

Right, my Orkoid brain is beginning to boil out of my ears now, so I'll leave it at that (rather than getting any more complicated...) Hope someone can shed some light on this for me,

Shades

UltramarineFan
01-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Not sure on your last point but wasn't there an FAQ for SM that said only one techmarine could attempt to repair damage ona vehicle per turn? IIRC then that would help with your first problems as I imagine meks would be intended to work in a similar way

Wildeybeast
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
The Ork FAQ has nothing on these issues. The SM FAQ referred to has the following two questions:
Q: Can a Techmarine, or Master of the Forge, that is in base contact with multiple damaged vehicles attempt to repair them all? (p70,71)
A: No. A Techmarine can only ever make one repair attempt per turn.

Q: Can a Techmarine, or Master of the Forge, attempt to use his Blessing of the Omnissiah special rule to repair a vehicle he is currently embarked upon? (p70,71)
A: Yes.

Though I'm not sure how helpful either of these is to the questions posed. I haven't read the ork codex, but if it works like a techmarine I'd venture the following suggestions.
1) Techmarines make the repair roll, then the player chooses which damage to repair if successful, so it would make sense the Meks do the same and thus you roll for a Mek, choose which damage to repair is successful and then repeat.

2) Since you make the repair roll instead of firing, I would suggest that anything which prevents you from firing also prevents you from repairing (the SM codex specifies falling back and having gone to ground as preventing you), so no repairs if shaken or stunned.

3) As for a vehicle immbolising itself, that is fairly straight forward. If you have moved, you have moved for the purposes of shooting, the only thing that matters is how far you moved before it became immobilised (bearing in mind you stop at the edge of any dangerous terrain which immoblises you). As for combat, it only matters what the vehicle did it in its previous turn, so your opponent immbolising it with shooting is irrelevant.

Edit: I should perhaps make clear that points one and two are merely my own suggestions based on techmarine rules, but point 3 is covered by the rulebook. Hope these help!