PDA

View Full Version : Darkblake's Worldeaters/ Iron Warriors WIP

Darkblake
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Here is the first thing that I have started to paint up for my first army every. It is a MK1 rhino, I would like some more of them because frankly, I like them better. Anyways This is the start of it, any criticism (as long as its constructive) and tips will be greatly appreciated.

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n620/brogge12/1213111310.jpg

fuzzbuket
01-08-2012, 04:17 AM
for a first mini thats very good start! all the colours are bold and clear!

the thing that lets it down is the photography! now i think the problems are the focus and the light source:

-when the camera is focusing make sure that the right bit is focused: in this case it is the top of the tank: but you want the side to be in focus.

light source: Most lightbulbs give off a annoying yellow light (especially these new eco-friendly ones) in this case a powerful tourch (white) combined with some daylight should get you nicer photos:

another solution is turning the white balance on the camera to full: this MAY give you blurry photos though!

not a bad start though!

-fuzz

SotonShades
01-08-2012, 05:14 AM
I like the rhino; fairly basic but effective. Are you planning on adding to it at all? Great colour combination and nice Chaos-ification!

As Fuzz said, photography needs a little work. Lighting is more important than most people seem to think, and waiting until daylight helps more than almost anything, unless you want to invest in buying/making a decent lightbox. Also, rather than using two pieces of card/paper, just go for a single sheet (as large as you can find) and bend it, giving you a smooth transition from the horizontal surface to the vertical. This helps with the white balance as your camera won't focus on the dark shadow at the corner