PDA

View Full Version : chaos marines codex inquiry

chaosbaby
01-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi everyone, I am brand new to the forums and would like to get feedback on a question that has been plaguing me for a long time. In the newest version of the chaos space marines codex it states that Fabius Bile can "enhance" any number of chaos space marine squads, giving them +1, or +2 strength. Does this mean any marines? I.E., chaos space marines, plague marines, noise marines, havocs, possessed marines, raptors, etc...you get where I am going with this? Can I "enhance" any space marine that is a space marine, in power armour? Or is this just limited to the "chaos space marines" troop slot only?

Wildeybeast
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't own the book, so I need you to clarify the exact wording for me. Is it any 'chaos space marine squad' or just 'any squad'. If the former, I would say it only applies to units listed as chaos space marines, if the latter then obviously any squad in the book.

celestialatc
01-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I believe it's just Chaos Space Marine squads....so you can't give it to Chosen, Thousand Suns or any other unit...but normal CSM squads.

I believe it's one of the reasons he is considered the worst of the named CSM HQs. He has no invul save, his gun is awful, his weapon is not a power weapon and he costs as much as a Daemon Prince with Wings (who is more useful).

The one rule that really would make him cool...is only usable on a unit you probably would not use it with. If you could use it on Zerkers or possessed marines...that would be awesome..

Denzark
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Actually the ability has some interesting effects. Use with Icon of Slaanesh and whilst you may take casualties before set-up, every turn your squad fights at S and I 5 - so like furious charging berzerkers, but a squad that can take melta or plasma x 2.

This may suprise people, is a change from PM/Oblit/lash spam and could with lucky rolls soup up your force.

Bile himself is pretty cack true but dual lash players are v.tedious.

The Twilight Fade
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
It is only basic CSM that can benefit from it but it has its plus sides. 18 points a model gets you a fearless marine with Strength 5/6. Yeah a six on the morphs kinda sucks and a 1 really sucks but if you feel in the mood to spam chaos marines then the fearless rule allows you to take an icon that isn't chaos glory without having to worry about them breaking/getting run down.

A 20 man squad of fearless Strength 5/Toughness 5 marines with the mark of nurgle does rather well in my experience or make them all have an extra attack/extra init etc depending on your play style

chaosbaby
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys. I kinda figured I was shooting in the dark, but I know that bouncing ideas off of veteran players is the best way to go before jumping the gun, and possibly building a list that is invalid=(
I agree that Fabius is the worst character in the codex; I wish to use him on the battlefield simply due to the hours I spent painting him. He looks so bad ***!

I love that idea of strength 5 marines with the mark of nurgle(tough 5)! Thanks Twighlight:)

Happy gaming guys, and thanks again for your advice!

celestialatc
01-06-2012, 02:09 PM
I love that idea of strength 5 marines with the mark of nurgle(tough 5)! Thanks Twighlight:)

Wow....that just sounds like a unit of nothing but Kaldor Daigos....