PDA

View Full Version : A Plea for the Afternoon Off!

sukigod
01-06-2012, 09:26 AM
OK, this will be entered in to the annals of cool/smart/silly/stupid social media ploys but it does mean an extra afternoon off for me if I win!

The short: If I get the most likes on Facebook for the company I work at, I win an afternoon of my choice off. Simple as that. Go here, like them, and tell them Randy sent ya!

http://www.facebook.com/ThelenAdvertising

The long: I'm competing against a cat. Not any cat mind you, but my own cat (and the other employees). In an attempt to raise our likes, one of the owners - who is also my wife :) - has been using her other Facebook page for our cat Punchy, to garner more likes. Punchy has added 12 likes to our company page in two days. Becky (my wife) has thrown the gauntlet down and decided to pit the employees against Punchy.

To win the afternoon off the employee must meet two criteria. 1. Have the most new Likes brought to the site with "Randy Sent me" (or whoever the employee is) and 2. Brought more Likes than Punchy. The deadline is Monday morning so we have the entire weekend to try and best that darn sneaky cat.

The company: We're a small advertising agency in central Minnesota. A bunch of hard working but easy going folks who love to create and help people make the most of their company. We do just about anything: from writing copy to billboards to websites to full on multiple angle ad campaigns. Full service and all that.

Thanks ahead of time for anyone who helps out!

http://www.facebook.com/ThelenAdvertising

Remember - tell'em Randy sent ya or it won't count for me!:)

THANKS!

sukigod
01-09-2012, 06:26 AM
OK guys. There's a couple hours left in our silly contest and I'm neck and neck with our office admin. If I can get just a few more Likes in the next two hours that would be awesome! (you can even send your friends, family and pets over to Like them ;) )

A huge thanks to everyone who has already Like them. I will make sure I personally thanks each and every one on their post. It's so very much appreciated.

Randy

Faultie
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Congrats. You got a day off!

sukigod
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok, a quick update on the day off contest. Myself and another were tied with 30 Likes each after the weekend. Our owners have decided to give us both the win and both half days. Yay! Thanks to everyone who Like us!

Randy