PDA

View Full Version : Team Tourney 1000 help please

Drahazar
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
1. I do not know who I will be teamed up with its veterens teamed up with a Newb.

2. I do not know what army I will be allied with obviously.

3. SC are allowed

Ok I was thinking of taking 3 Annihilation barges or 2 of thema nd a command barge. Add in some 15 man warrior units with maybe two crypt guys a overlord the crypt guys was thinking of the lance ones.

I have played Necrons since 3rd but have only had one game with the new rule book due to work and vacation.

I own
78 warriors

about 30 immortals

3 tomb spyders

LOTS of scarabs

both Ctans

a lot of destroyers 3 heavy destroyers

a lot of wraiths

18 or 19 flayed ones.

3 Anihilation barges and I can convert one to a command.

thecactusman17
01-04-2012, 01:21 AM
I have previously played in similar games. Are you permanently teamed with them, or does it change from round to round?

If the latter, I and my friends have found that it pays to specialize. If you want massed anti-tank, go with Warriors, scarabs, and spiders with a few Heavy Ds and a Warscythe in a command barge. If you want anti-infantry, take lots of tesla Immortals and the annihilation barges. If you want crazy mobility to deny or take control points and get lots of board coverage, take the barges, the flayed ones, the SC that lets you deepstrike in anyone you want on a successful enemy deepstrike, and Immortals with Veil of Darkness.

C'Tans: Pick any one power, then Lord of Fire. Cheapest C'Tan build available. Determine how it will influence the rest of your army.

Design your army as though you are playing a 1k vs. 1.5k game. Determine what you need to excell at in order to survive that scenario. Unless you already know nearly-guaranteed matchups (such as 4 of 20 players running psyfleman dread GKs or Long Fang spam) then do not tailor vs specific builds, just build to excel at one task while your team mate adds a little extra firepower and bodies.

Drahazar
01-04-2012, 06:12 AM
I will be teamed up once with a newb so should a make many list and choose one when I show up. I expect to see psi dreads, long fangs and venoms we have a good variety at the store of armies orks and eldar