Immortals x10 : 170

Fast Attack

Scarab Swarm x10 : 150

Heavy Support

Annihilation Barge : 90

Total

Imotekh, the regular Lord, and the Cryptek with Veil all attach to the Warrior blob to form the backbone of the list. This combination gives them a massive boost to durability, mobility, and firepower. They teleport around the table absorbing hits and pouring out large amounts of gauss fire while Imotekh does his thing. I choose my teleport locations very cautiously to avoid assault threats and templates since I will be all clumped up.

Anrakyr zooms around the table at full speed under cover of Night Fight and sweep attacks targets of opportunity while using his vehicle mind control power. He can also disembark, fire his arrow, and charge as needed. He is here to distract, disrupt, and cause havoc.

I try to keep the Shard alive as long as possible in order to keep Writhing Worldscape active. His secondary purpose is as an assault deterrent. This means he is used quite defensively and hangs around the back with my slower units.

The Tremorstave guys attach to the Immortal Squads to add to their anti infantry firepower as well as slow down enemy units that are trying to move quickly through open ground. These guys combined with the Shard can really hinder the enemy army's mobility.

The Scarabs are sent after any vehicles in the opposiing force to shred them to peices. If there are no serious vehicle threats, then they are used to bubble wrap and/or tarpit assault threats.

The Annihilation Barges move up with the Immortals, Shard, and Scarabs to provide heavy supporting fire on pretty much anything but heavy tanks.

The overall idea of this army is to significantly hamper the enemy's shooting and movement while having free reign of my own. It forces a very uphill battle of attrition on the enemy and has worked very well so far! Comments?

dannyat2460
01-03-2012, 04:51 PM
It sounds good to me, how are the anniilation barges working for you as i dont rate them, for 90points there great but they dont pack big enough a punch for me

Demonus
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
I find them pretty decent light tank and troop killers. I tend to have great rolls with Tesla for some reason and usually get 6ish hits with my Barges. Even against terminators I usually kill 1 or 2 due to amount of dice rolling, against Dark Eldar vehicles they are devastating.

Armor 13 is pretty nice too.

Lemt
01-06-2012, 10:19 AM
OK, here are a few things I noticed.
You say Imotekh, the Lord and the Cryptek with Veil join the Warriors, but I'd wait for the errata to make sure you can. Although you CAN have two Crypteks/Lords join the same unit if they are from different courts as per RAW, I'm not so sure that will stay that way. Just something to have in mind.
Another issue entirely is jumping around with a unit that is 23 minis. Depending on the map you play in that can easily spell disaster. Tournaments tend to have a few tables with lots of small terrain pieces, so it seems like quite the gamble. Of course, it all changes if you knwo that's not an issue in your local tournaments.
Does the Writhing/Seismic combo work for you, and is it worth the huge amount of points spent on it? I haven't treid it out yet, and I have no idea. This is mostly me being curious, not criticism. I genuinely want to know your opinion.
I agree on the usefulness of Annihilation Barges, they seem a steal at their points cost. Durable even being open-topped, and great at dealing with rhinos and their variants.
I also seem to always want a Harbinger of Eternity with Chronometron with Imotekh, just to make sure you get the full effect of his storm for longer. But you'd have to sacrifice the Lord with Orb for that, not sure if it would be worth it.

So... yeah. The list seems fine.