PDA

View Full Version : Red Corsairs 750?

Ankhnatu
01-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Hey, I have a 750 tournament coming up (small points to allow everyone to progress at the same time). While looking for what I want to play, I found the stories of the Badab War and Huron Blackheart and fell in love. I was wondering, is it feasible to play Red Corsairs at 750 with any success? Right now, my list is looking to be:

Chaos Sorcerer
- Bike
- Lash of Submission

5x CSM
- Plasma Gun
- Rhino

5x CSM
- Plasma Gun
- Rhino

2x Bikers
- Nurgle Icon
- Plasma Gun
- 1 Champion with Power Sword

4x Raptors
- Plasma Gun
- 1 Champion with Power Sword

Is it effective to not bring oblits and daemon princes? Honestly, I can't stand either one, and I'm not willing to break the bank on tanks just yet.

Wolfshade
01-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Just one point and I don't have C:C to check this but IIRC the minimum squad size for Chaos bikers is 3, and Raptors is 5 so they are both 1 short...

Ankhnatu
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Oh yeah, I included those missing two as champions, I just listed it as a whole thing, not an upgrade, sorry for the confusion.

Wolfshade
01-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Oh yeah, I included those missing two as champions, I just listed it as a whole thing, not an upgrade, sorry for the confusion.

Re-reading I thought that was what happened.
The list looks quite nice, though at 750pts you can end up facing some very unbalanced lists

k0mmand3rka7
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
I feel like you should turn the plasmas on the bikes and the raptors to meltas. This is for 2 reasons. The first is, I feel that with these fast elements that you would want to be able to shoot then assault. Also, by swapping these to meltas, you get added tank killing power. The weap swap would provide you with 10 points allowing you to get an additional melta in the raptor squad.

Chexmix282
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I second the change to Melta. As it stands you have no way to destroy a Land Raider, and you would be surprised what people take in a 750 point tournament.

Other than that, it looks like a decent list. Mark of Nurgle might be a bit to expensive for the Bikes at this points level though.

Sure
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
DO NOT change the plasma gun on the bikes to a melta. They are relentless and thus can still assault if you fire the plasma gun OR you can move and shoot one shot at the full range. DO switch the plasma gun on the raptors to a melta. They are not relentless and would then have to choose to either shoot their big gun OR assault...plus they can't move and shoot the long-range shot. The melta allows you to shoot and charge.

Burn_Tide
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
DO NOT change the plasma gun on the bikes to a melta. They are relentless and thus can still assault if you fire the plasma gun OR you can move and shoot one shot at the full range. DO switch the plasma gun on the raptors to a melta. They are not relentless and would then have to choose to either shoot their big gun OR assault...plus they can't move and shoot the long-range shot. The melta allows you to shoot and charge.

BUT did you notice the point about the land raider and heavy armour such as Ghost Arcs and Predators? What if he hast to deal with that? and many times it is more effecient and effective (and helps protect your unit) to destroy the vehicles and assault the troops inside ( i cant remember where, but the rulebook allows you to destroy a vehicle and assault the troops inside). This way you dont sacrifice a valuable round of assault, only to destroy a vehicle, opposed to tying up one of his mobile infantry or elite squads. I say go melta, and save the plasma for the slower and longer ranged units.

the bikes and raptors also are few in number, and you dont really need to risk the Getting Hot! rule for the squads, plus by switching to meltas you can also get another, third melta for the raptors, thus giving you more fire power, higher S and AP, and more flexibility/control over your opponent's movements and tactics.

also, the melta will instant kill captains and chapter masters such as Vulkan He'Stan, allowing for EVEN more lethal consequences for the enemy getting in range.

Over all, the best weapon of the two for close range, fast units (bikers and raptors) is the melta, for the stated reasons, as well as the MELTA special rule, 2d6 AP against vehicles.

The melta has more flexibility, less consequences for the user, and has better Synergy with the Bikers and Raptors' purposes on the battle field (close ranged combat).