PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Chapterhouse Studios releases - Magnetic Razorback/Storm Raven turret etc

chapterhousestudios
01-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Newly painted example of our Javelin Jetbike done by Jose Veiga. Production of the Pilum Jetbike kit will begin in a couple of weeks, the master is being processed now.

http://chapterhousestudios.com/image/cache/data/product%20images/PaintedJavelin-500x500.jpg (http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=219)

I have also had the chance to add a 4-wheel kit to the site.

Currently we just put into production 3 new vehicle accessory resin kits, specifically designed with the Razorback, Land Raider and Storm Raven in mind.

The first 2 kits are magnetic Turrets that will allow players to swap out weapons on the Razor Back and Storm Raven kit without having to use a turret for each setup. Here you can see the WIP pics. This kit is already being produced and will be on the site in a couple of weeks.
http://chapterhousestudios.com/image/data/product%20images/P1010253.JPG

The Storm Raven specific loadout will be $13.50 and the Razorback loadout will be $15.00. Each kit will come with all the weapon options available for each vehicles turret.

Next up is a kit we called the Iconoclast conversion kit for the Land Raider - we modeled it after the WWI tanks that were the progenitors to all the tanks we see now. Target price will be in the lower $20 range.
http://chapterhousestudios.com/image/data/product%20images/IconoclastWip.JPG

I also have some alternative battlesuit heads that will fit on Tau Crisis suits. These will be molded up in a couple of weeks.
http://chapterhousestudios.com/image/data/product%20images/SuitHeads1.JPG

Last is a work in progress of a "Death Stalker". This is a mechanized walker that I will be using in my personal Necron army for a while. As soon as the design is finalized Ill show the concept art for it .

I hope everyone had a great new year and Christmas and I am looking forward to the New Year!

Nick - Chapterhouse Studios LLC

AbusePuppy
01-02-2012, 11:54 PM
Really liking the look of those Tau heads- more kits like that, to make unique model accessories would be very cool.

JxKxR
01-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Those Tau heads are really going to help add some variation to my battle suits. Nicely done!

P.S. Anyone have any tips for popping off already glued bits?

Archon
01-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Next up is a kit we called the Iconoclast conversion kit for the Land Raider - we modeled it after the WWI tanks that were the progenitors to all the tanks we see now. Target price will be in the lower $20 range.

Does it inculude the sponsons?

LordGrise
01-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Most awesome on the Tau heads! Looking forward to them!

westside
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Wow, when did Chapterhouse buy the Sabertooth 40k license?
I thought Games Workshop owned all the Horus Heresy artwork, concepts, and designs?
Guess not.

westside
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM
They own generic WW1 tank sponson ideas? Damn was I uninformed or what...

I was referring to the design on the jet bike, looks just like what I remember the pre heresy jet bikes looking like in the Sabertooth card game. There's pictures of a bike quite like this one (the inspiration for it?) in the Horus Heresy Collected Visions art book.

My memory of it was probably prompted by the minature being introduced in a 40k forum, along with other 'generic' terms like Tau, or maybe it was the prehersey shoulder pads on the Space Marine on the jet bike, hmmm... crazy me I guess.

wittdooley
01-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I like em, mostly, but I wish the nubbins on the pre-heresy shoulders were a bit smaller.

Also...is there any room for concern in regards to the Iconoclast LR (which I like a lot) largely resembling the FW Mark II LR variant?

Mark me down for at least 2 razorback sponsons, though.

westside
01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Also...is there any room for concern in regards to the Iconoclast LR (which I like a lot) largely resembling the FW Mark II LR variant?

Nah, not when your law firms partner is an ex Governor and they're working for free anyways. Heck, it's all from WWI anyhow.

gcsmith
01-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Nice kits, good scultping skills u have.
But sadly it just seems like shameless rippoff of GW IP so not for me. especially since only store i have to game is GW :P

dattanchu
01-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Those razorback turret looks awesome. If they come premagnetized (or with magnets) then I am gonna sell all my upgrade sprues and get those. I do like GW for their work but in my opinion, they should be more open to conversion kits.

AbusePuppy
01-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Those Tau heads are really going to help add some variation to my battle suits. Nicely done!

P.S. Anyone have any tips for popping off already glued bits?

If you used superglue it can be relatively easy; place the model in the freezer for an hour or so, then remove and allow to warm back up to room temperature. (Do NOT attempt to break it apart while the plastic is still cold, as it will be very brittle.) This should weaken the superglue a fair bit, allowing you to break most joins. It will, be warned, weaken the plastic somewhat as well, but to a lesser degree.

If you used plastic cement you are largely out of luck- get out the razor saw and dremel because those parts ain't comin' out without a fight.

JxKxR
01-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks AbusePuppy, I'm going to try that.

Frostclaw
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I was just wondering aloud why someone didn't come up with one of these Razorback kits the other day.

I'm also incredibly interested in the LR, if it comes with the sponsons. FW has their IIb down for recasting last I checked, and I think the IIb look with those sponsons is just way classier.

Also, are there plans in the works to do this for Predators? I realize there are fewer options, but that'd be great, too.

chapterhousestudios
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
The Predator is super easy to magnetize with a little cutting and drilling. I did mine in under 5 minutes so I dont think it would sell well. If you google how to magentize it i am sure many guides would pop up.

The Iconoclast kit will come with sponsons, but there will be a little converting involved for whatever guns you want to use. More will be revealed when we get into mass production.

Nick

wittdooley
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
So... Nick...I'm just going to toss a crazy *** idea out there that I'd buy in a heartbeat: Predator sponsons in that Iconoclast style. Sweet Mary, mother of God I'd buy side sponsons like that for every Predator I own.

Drool.....

chapterhousestudios
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Ill see what I can get the designer to do :)

MajorWesJanson
01-07-2012, 08:11 PM
If the LR parts had smaller rivets, I'd probably grab a pair. The big flat disc rivets just look odd.

As for the MkIIb, it is back online, with a new master mold IIRC.

ElectricPaladin
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
So, can anyone tell me when the razorback kit is likely to be released? I pre-ordered a couple, but I can't find a release date anywhere on any site. I'm incredibly eager to get my hands on those turrets!

chapterhousestudios
02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
It is already released, we are out of stock of it at the moment, the "Pre-Order" allows you to pay ahead for your items and when new stock comes in, your order is fulfilled as soon as possible.

Nick

ElectricPaladin
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Ah. That explains it. Well, I will continue to wait with bated breath.

Grenadier
02-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I am so impressed with these guys. After seeing their wheeled Chimera conversion kit I was blown away and am saving up to order a few.