PDA

View Full Version : [2,000 pts] Necron - Harbinger of Eternity

Akaiyou
12-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Wanted to build a list that puts my harbinger of eternity to good use. Using stuff I own I came up with the following:

2000 Pts - Necrons Roster - Harbingers of Eternity

HQ:
. . 1 Overlord, 200 pts (Hyperphase Sword; Mindshackle Scarabs; Sempiternal Weave; Resurrection Orb; Tachyon Arrow; Upgrade to Phaeron)
. . 1 Royal Court, 200 pts
. . . . 1 Harbinger of Eternity (Chronometron)
. . . . 1 Harbinger of Destruction (Solar Pulse)
. . . . 1 Harbinger of Destruction

Elite:
. . 10 Flayed One Pack
. . 10 Flayed One Pack
. . 5 Deathmarks

Troops:
. . 10 Immortals, 170 pts (Tesla Carbine)
. . 15 Warriors, 310 pts
. . . . 1 Ghost Ark

Fast Attack:
. . 3 Destroyers, 180 pts (Heavy Gauss Cannon x3)
. . 3 Destroyers, 120 pts (Gauss Cannon x3)

Heavy Support:
. . 1 Doomsday Ark
. . 1 Annihilation Barge
. . 1 Monolith

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Tactic: Overlord joins Warriors, Royal Court inside Ghost Ark. They move close together for repairs and to join the overlord to royal to snipe a tank out with tachyon arrow at my convenience.
Heavy Destroyers on obvious anti vehicle duties, other destroyers on anti meq duties as well as AV 10 hunting. Deathmarks deal with annoying targets using their ability, flayed ones threaten the flanks or help out against cc units that shooting cant deal with.

Immortals target mobs and AV10. Doomsday ark and Annhilitation barge aim at infantry and may help with vehicles if needed (not the best use for them)

Monolith does it's shenanigans drawing tons of fire and causing havoc until my opponent realizes he should've just ignored it.

Overall I woudlnt call this list competitive for a tournament setting but certainly strong and with enough varied in unit options to make for a fun tactical game.

What say you, like or dislike?

Maelstorm
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Without night-fight I'm afraid your vehicles will get popped quickly. The Monolith now dies very quickly to Melta.

Step-up to the Stormlord to gain night-fight protection and add a Cryptek with Pulse if you want to keep the big gun-boat.

The Destroyers should be replaced by scarabs to push the enemy back and pop vehicles.

Akaiyou
12-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Err...i do have solar pulse

and melta weapons are short ranged, they'll have to get close to the monolith first and foremost and well its not like im going to be delivering straight to the guys with the meltaguns.

Tynskel
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM
Without night-fight I'm afraid your vehicles will get popped quickly. The Monolith now dies very quickly to Melta.

Step-up to the Stormlord to gain night-fight protection and add a Cryptek with Pulse if you want to keep the big gun-boat.

The Destroyers should be replaced by scarabs to push the enemy back and pop vehicles.

I like the list. He also has a solar pulse...

Besides, I don't know what you are talking about: armor 13 is really good.

Angelofblades
01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
25 models for troops in a 2k game? RP is great and all, but if you're gone, well, RP can't help that. I would suggest trying to add in more troops. Personally, I think you have way too much invested in your royal court, and honestly I think it's affecting the list negatively, especially with a low troop count.