PDA

View Full Version : Footdar army has been winning - is it any good?

eagleboy7259
12-28-2011, 11:11 PM
1500pt Footdar (4-1)

Farseer w/ Doom - 90pts
Farseer w/ Guide - 85pts

8 Howling Banshees - 128pts
5 Fire Dragons - 80pts

Wave Serpent w/ EML & Spirit Stones - 130pts
Wave Serpent w/ EML & Spirit Stones - 130pts

10 Guardians w/ Warlock - Embolden, Scatter Laser - 125pts

5 Dark Reapers - 175pts
3 War Walkers w/ Shuriken Cannons & Scatter Lasers - 150pts
Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance & EML - 155pts

*Typically the Guide Farseer hides out with either the Guardians or the Dark Reapers while the Doom Farseer is always deployed with the Howling Banshees inside their Wave Serpent. Both Elites choices are mounted in transports btw. I usually hold a squad of Guardians in reserve because they are too flimsy really claim objectives and I've had great success with them moving onto the table and shooting to death any unit that tries to assault the other Guardian squads. The War Walkers are also in reserve and outflank almost every single game.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice I can get on tightening this list as I continue to move ahead with my Footdar army.

Battle Report Summaries

Game #1 vs Mech Dark Eldar
Kill Points, Table Halves
His list: 2 Wych Commanders, 2x 9 strong Hekatrix in Raiders, 3x 10 strong Warriors in Raiders, 2 Ravagers

I win the roll to deploy and go first. I set up with my Guardians, Dark Reapers, and Wraithlord in the middle of my force and the Wave Serpents along the edges. He deploys with his vehicles hull down in cover. On my first turn it seems like everything pops a Dark Eldar vehicle, he's left with only 1 Hekatrix Raider and a Ravager untouched. Drives the Hekatrix straight at the center of my force and begins moving his troops on foot. I unload everything into the Hekatrix Raider with zero effect. The Hekatrix manage to wipe out 2 squads of Guardians, plus the Dark Reapers before they are tied up with the Wraithlord for the rest of the game. The Banshees make it to his line and slow eat unit after unit of Warriors. I end up winning the game with 6 to 5 in Kill Points

Game #2 vs Foot Dark Eldar
Kill Points, Dawn of War
His list: 2x 10 strong Wyches in Raiders, 4x 10 strong Warriors, 2 Ravagers, Baron S.

He wins the roll to deploy and go first. He puts 2 Warrior squads in cover and the Baron behind some cover. I do likewise and put one Guardian squad in some ruins and the other w/ the Farseer in a forest. Turn 1 comes and he rolls everything onto the table. I lose some Guardians to shooting but they are for the most part protected by night fighting and their cover saves. The Baron somehow makes it into combat with the Guardian squad in the forest and procedes to butcher them, but they hold and the Farseer and Warlock are able to kill him off in the following turn. All my stuff comes on except the War Walkers and 1 Guardian squad but I fail to have much impact because of turn 1 night fighting. The Banshees engage some Warriors in the rubble and win, but finish combat too close to another unit of Warriors and are wiped out. The Wyches destroy the Dark Reapers before they can do anything useful and charge into the squad of Guardians in the ruins before losing the the Guardians in close combat. The War Walkers outflank and wipe out a unit of Warriors in the rubble of the far corner but end up so out of position that they fail to make any impact for the rest of the game. The game ends on Turn 5 in a draw, but we are both confident that we're both in a position to win that we go onto Turn 6 and then the same thing happens again. At this point all he has left are a depleted squad of Warriors and a full strength one while I have a 4 Fire Dragons, their Wave Serpent, and the Wraithlord. He kills the Fire Dragons with the full squad of Warriors who are shooting at full range (4 dead to 9 shots) to go up by a killpoint. All the Wraithlord has to do at this point is kill 3 Warriors, he Shuriken Catapults them killing 1 and then uses his flamer on them and rolls three 1's to wound giving him the game on Turn 7.

Game #3 vs Foot Dark Eldar
Kill Points, Dawn of War - Rematch

Pretty much nothing goes right for him in this game. He loses both Wych Raiders early, and my shooting and the Howling Banshees tear the Warriors apart. He concedes acknowledging he would have been wiped out while most of my force remains.

Game #4 vs Horde Necrons
Capture & Control, Table Halves
His list: Monolith, Destroyer Lord, 2x Destroyer Squads w/ 2 Regular & 1 Heavy each, 3 Wraiths, 4x 14 strong Warriors.

He wins the roll to go first and deploy first. He puts all the Warrior squads around his objective in the corner and deploys the Detroyers, Lords and Wraiths to the flank of his force. I put the Guardians, Dark Reapers, and Wraithlord in the center and the 2 Wave Serpents on the side facing down his Warriors. His Wraiths are able to get into my Dark Reapers and Guardians early and destroys a squad of each however the Wraiths are wiped out by a Guardian squad that arrives along my table edge. The Destroyer Lord has terrible luck and takes 2 wounds on the opening turn, then tries to shoot the Wraithlord and charges however hes slapped dead before he can ever do anything. The War Walkers outflank into the corner, shoot and charge the unit of Warriors holding the objective essentially tying them up for the entire game. The Banshees claim one unit in assault before getting dropped down to 3 of them and the Farseer. Another unit of Warriors goes down to a charge from the Guardians, Fire Dragons and Wraithlord. He quits the game on Turn 4 after a Warlock destroys the Monolith with his Witch Blade and his two remaining squads of Warriors are tied up with the War Walkers and the remaining Banshees respectively. I think he could have won this game since both his Destroyer squads were untouched, and all I had left were 3 Banshees, 4 Fire Dragons, 6 Guardians, the Wraithlord and the War Walker squad.

Game #5 vs Fast Dark Eldar
3 Objectives, Table Quarters
His list: 2x 10 strong Wyches in Raiders, Baron S. w/ 9 Hellions, 9 Jetbikes, 4x 10 strong Warriors.

He wins the roll to deploy and goes first. He puts everything as close as he can to the center of the table. I deploy my Dark Reapers and Farseer into a tall building, hide the Wave Serpents hull down behind it and put 2 Guardian squads and the Wraithlord along my board edge. He moves everything he can as fast as possible across the board, even running the warriors to get them onto objectives. In my first turn I manage to remove all of the jetbikes but due to cover saves only manage to pop one of the Raiders. The Wyches massacre both of my Guardian squads in the turn following, but then in return get massacred by my shooting next turn. I stupidly charge my newly arrived Guardians into the remnants of the Wych squad and eventually lose my lost scoring unit after the Hellions charge in. However I am eventually able to destroy the last couple of Wyches and the Hellions squad with my shooting. This leaves him with only the foot Warrior squads who slowly die to Guided Dark Reapers each turn and the deployment of my Howling Banshees. He concedes the game at the top of turn 5 as he is left with only 6 Warriors while I have both Wave Serpents, Farseers, Banshees, War Walkers, Dark Reapers and the Wraithlord and am in position to wipe him out.

CrimsonTurkey
12-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Well, if it has been winning I would say it's good. If it stops winning it needs work. I'd try to cram some runes of warding in there just to severely mess up enemy psykers but in my opinion lists should be highly individual and fitted to the general's play-style. If it works for you it's a good list. If it doesn't it's not. Congrats on making this great list.