PDA

View Full Version : Now hiring: MOD- apply within.

Duke
12-28-2011, 01:58 PM
The BoLS Lounge has grown over the last while to the point that we are looking to add a new moderator.

If you think you have the chops to cut it or if you would like to volunteer someone you know please post below as we will send you a pm to start the interview process.

Thank you,

Duke

Vindur
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Was wondering why the ministry of defense would advertise jobs in the lounge

wittdooley
12-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I can do it. Until I'm dead or you find someone better.

Grailkeeper
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
I'll stick my name down, altough I see already those with more experience have applied.

12-28-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd love to do this! :)

thecactusman17
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I am interested, though I will be asking some questions if there is an interview.

Majorcrash
12-28-2011, 04:54 PM
I would like to be considered for this position. if nessecary will eliminate all others.

Orminah
12-28-2011, 06:57 PM
I will volunteer for this undertaking!

Uncle Nutsy
12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
I already know what the job consists of, so I think i'll pass. :)

CrimsonTurkey
12-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I've got some experience moderating comments sections on blogs and I spend all day at home as a freelance writer so shoot me a PM.

Cheers,
Turkey

UltramarineFan
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I tend to get quite stubborn in arguments so though it's appealing.. probably not

JxKxR
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
My votes for Grailkeeper. I would vote for myself but I tend to abuse power.:rolleyes:

Duke
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
PM's will be coming shortly. To help the process I would like to see more stuff like this (See quote)

Thanks everyone.

My votes for Grailkeeper...

Duke

L192837465
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I'll throw my name in the bucket.

HsojVvad
01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I would like to help out any way I can. Count my name thrown in the hat. :)

BuFFo
01-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I am interested. Hit me up.

Defenestratus
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM
I nominate BuFFo.

Also, while I think I'd make a spectacular mod, my mentality that not everyone has to be "friends" on an online forum probably doesn't lend itself to the kind of forum culture that you wish to promote.

wittdooley
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
I withdrawl my name and lend my vote to either Buffo, or because of the above comment, Defense.

Besides, I mostly put my name in simply so I could use that Starship Troopers quote in context.

BuFFo
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
I've been waiting for a chance to help out BoLs for years.

I have adhd, so creating articles is out of the question because I lose interest in that very fast, but, I work at home and am online 24/7 for the most part.

And thank you two, Def and Wit. I am not perfect by any means, but I'll try.

MarneusCalgar
01-11-2012, 06:48 AM
Well, I must give my "vote" for Wittdooley...

I either support Buffo because I know both since we started at the same time on the forum...

Only one thing... please, donīt make Eldargal mod!! She sometimes go very boring and concentrates so many topics on the forum, I would like her to calm down and let other people tell their opinions freely

DrLove42
01-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in Buffo's direction as well.

Level head and doesn't take any sh**.

BuFFo
01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in Buffo's direction as well.

Level head and doesn't take any sh**.

lol, thank you, but I probably won't get it.

I constantly bash BoLs on their blog for various reasons, and I am a known anti-GW poster.

But...

Hopefully the powers that be understand that I am able to divorce my personal life and feelings from my "job". I was in the army for 8 years, and went to Iraq for a year and a half - and I hate authority, the army, and everything we are doing over in Iraq, but I got out with an honorable discharge and not one blemish on my record.

I hate GW, but I love the community... Well, most of you... Well, five of you... Well, only myself...

DrLove42
01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
I like to believe that the blog and the lounge are 2 very seperate entities.

I know the same guys are in charge, and i'm probably wrong, but a lot of the worst offenders of crap on the front page rarely if ever show their faces in here.

Grailkeeper
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
I withdrawl my name and lend my vote to either Buffo, or because of the above comment, Defense.

Besides, I mostly put my name in simply so I could use that Starship Troopers quote in context.

I think I'll follow this example, I can't really invest the time I think a mod should to properly police the website.

I'd like to thank everyone who supported me either here or through PM's. It meant an awful lot that strangers on the internet have a nice opinion of me.

BuFFo
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Grail, you don't have the time?

I could see you being a wonderful Moderator... :(

scadugenga
01-15-2012, 07:25 PM
I'll toss my vote for Buffo as well. I'd tip a nod to Grail, but he already pulled the plug on his nom...

MarneusCalgar
01-16-2012, 04:05 AM
So...

Is anyone counting all the votes??

Duke
01-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I am, but this isn't a necessarily democratic process. I'll have something to you all shortly

Duke

Deadlift
01-18-2012, 02:08 AM
I vote Buffo. Just because he kept Melissa in check when she reared her ugly head.

BuFFo
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM
I vote Buffo. Just because he kept Melissa in check when she reared her ugly head.

Wow... Someone noticed?

I am.... shocked... :eek: :eek:

Can I have your babies, cuz you seem like you'd make the smartest kids around here.

wittdooley
01-18-2012, 08:21 AM

Just dont say it three times. I have this fear she's like Beetlejuice....

Aldramelech
01-21-2012, 02:59 AM
I would like to see anybody BUT Buffo be a Mod on this forum.

MarneusCalgar
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
When will the voting end?

Uncle Nutsy
01-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Buffo.

I've talked to him quite a few times off-board and i'd have to say he'd handle the job well. he knows his stuff.

Aldramelech
01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Its not a question of knowledge, its a question of being able to mediate and calm people down whilst not letting your own opinions or prejudices get in the way, I haven't seen any evidence of this whatsoever.

People are talking about him "handling" Malissia, the only thing I've seen him do is get into a series of slanging matches with her, Mod like behaviour?

Being a Mod also requires a certain amount of restraint, you can't jumping down everybody's throat every 5 mins or be making an endless stream of sarcastic comments about members post counts, all this strikes me as being the polar opposite of Buffo.

Deadlift
01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I think your beef with Buffo could be a little unjustified, maybe some of his dry humour in his replies are lost a little in translation and should not be taken so literally. However his posts do generally hit the nail on the head ( for me anyway )
As for HER, when she reappeared in a whirlwind of abuse and nastiness to just about everyone posting anything, I thought Buffo did a good job of countering her rather abrupt and rude posts. No offence to the current Mods but he seemed more proactive in getting her to pull her neck in than the Mod team.
The support shown in this thread by other posters also shows the BoLs community generally likes Buffos contributions to the forums. I just wish personally he would get more involved in the 40k forums.
But enough Buffo loving lol, I also think Eldargirls contribution to the forums is excellent and as she seems to live and breath the hobby think she could be an excellent mod. Don't get me wrong though its not because I agree with all her posts, we have spared on occasion ( the necrons are based on egyption aesthetic ) but like Buffo the content of the contribution made is always worth reading.

My 2 cents.

Aldramelech
01-31-2012, 11:20 AM
This:

Why? I would miss the spam posters like you who have nothing better to do than give 2 word responses to everything to up your post count and make your ePeen feel big.

A direct Buffo quote, I can go all night providing similar from the self styled "New law of the Forum".

wittdooley
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM
I understand your concerns, Alda. I think, given that...I guess we'll call it a privledge (:p) I think Buffo would be fine because he is typically able to engage in an reasoned discussion and formulate a cogent argument. He's relatively well liked and respected on the forums as well, which I think garners merit. These things can be said of, I think, the following folks:

Eldargirl
Aldramelech
wittdooley (me, yes)
Deadlift...

Well, the more I think about it, anyone, really, that has commented on this thread. The sticking point then becomes time, etc, which is a major reason I "pulled" my name from the running. If they asked me to, I still would, but if there is another solid option, I'm all about that. If Buffo is willing, I believe he would be a competent and capable mod.

Aldramelech
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Well I have to disagree, And now that I've voiced my opinion I will say only that I think it would be a bad idea and leave it at that.

JxKxR
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
First off I've got nothing against Buffo, he seems like a great guy but I tend to agree with Aldramelech. Buffo just doesn't seem neutral enough to be a mod. Ideally you want someone who can look at both sides of a dispute.

Grailkeeper would have been perfect for the job I'm sure of it, but he's out.

Wittdooley would have been another great choice though. You sure don't want to be a mod? Your community could use you.

Well at any rate I'm just excited to see who they pick to be it... if they pick anyone.

HsojVvad
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
I've been waiting for a chance to help out BoLs for years.

I have adhd, so creating articles is out of the question because I lose interest in that very fast, but, I work at home and am online 24/7 for the most part.

And thank you two, Def and Wit. I am not perfect by any means, but I'll try.

While I don't agree with Buffo alot of times, I think he would be a fair mod. That is if I don't get picked. :p

BuFFo
02-01-2012, 11:13 AM
While I don't agree with Buffo alot of times, I think he would be a fair mod. That is if I don't get picked. :p

I like the cut of your jib. Since you are still in the race, assuming voting means anything, I would cast in my lot with you.

JxKxR
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
HsojVvad would be a good mod I didn't realize he was in the running. He's got that neutrality I was talking about.

HsojVvad
02-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Ahh thanks guys. :). I am curious, has anyone gotten anything yet? Has any decisions been made? Asking just in case I missed something.

Duke
02-06-2012, 07:00 PM
This just in: We have decided to make GRAILKEEPER moderator on this forum. He has kindly accepted and his service will start immediately.

Welcome Grailkeeper!

Duke

JxKxR
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Congratulations Grailkeeper!

Deadlift
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Congratulations mate. :)

Aldramelech
02-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Common sense prevails, thank god.

MarneusCalgar
02-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Common sense prevails, thank god.

Totally agree.

Congratulations, Grailkeeper!!!

Now you will be also the keeper of the forum... so donīt loose the keys!!

BuFFo
02-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Congrats!

fuzzbuket
03-24-2012, 01:52 AM
ive not got much mod experiance (apart from stopping the local minecraft server dissaper into civil war) but im a regular here and have been so for the past few years :D

......... oh dear it appears im a bit late...

congratz grailkeeper

Chuck777
04-14-2012, 04:04 AM
I have quite a bit of Mod and Admin experience on lots of forums. I would be interested in becoming a mod for a great community like the BOLS Lounge.