PDA

View Full Version : i need some help please

infantryman9244
12-28-2011, 11:08 AM
i have a necron army but have no idea whats going on heres whats going on
49 warriors 7 lords 12 immortals 7 scarbs 18 destroyers 3 heavy destroyers 1 ctan 3 monoliths 1 spider 3 wraiths 1 annihilation barge 1 dooms day ark 2 destroyer lords trazyn and imotekh
really needing some help to put something together on this :confused:

Drakkan Vael
12-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Let's keep it short and simple at first:

How many points do you usually play at?

What kind of opponents do you play against?

Is your list going to be an "all-comers-list" (against at variety of opponents)?

Are you planning on adding some units or is your bunch all there is for now?

If you could answer the questions it'd be far easier to help you.

infantryman9244
12-28-2011, 01:05 PM
this is what i have so far im looking at 2500 all comers list but i usually go against marine lists

Drakkan Vael
12-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Let’s do a quick breakdown:

You have four HQ: 2 destroyer lords trazyn and imotekh (and 7lords as court),
About 6 Fast Attack (dividing the 18 destroyers in three units with 5 each): 7 scarbs 18 destroyers 3 heavy destroyers 3 wraiths
6 Heavy Support: 3 monoliths, 1 spider, 1 annihilation barge, 1 doomsday ark
and at least five Troop choices. 49 warriors, 12 immortals

But only one Elite, the C’tan

What you could try is this:

Take Imotekh and a destroyer lord with weave (2+ armor save) and mindshackle scarabs (160pts) to add to the wraith (whip coils are important, 135pts) The wraiths with the destroyer lord are a counter-attack unit to kill terminators and cybots.
Add twenty warriors on foot (260) with a lord with res orb, scythe, and mindshackle scarabs (90pts) to hide Imotekh and hold objectives.

Add 10 Immortals with Gauss and a lord with res orb, scythe and scarabs (260pts) they will advance quickly on a mission objective and stay there.

Get the annihilation barge but with a Gauss-cannon as secondary weapon to harass flanks and shoot into tightly packed enemies (at 2500 points there will be quite some places).

Take all 7 scarabs you have (105pts) to eat vehicles. As there are not too many of them, keep them hidden or behind your large warrior units.

Use the C’tan shard with writhing worldscape and grand illusion (260pts) to gain some measure of board control and hamper your enemy’s movements. Hide it behind the monolith.

Take 5 destroyers (200pts) which are still excellent as marine killers.
Doomsday Ark (kills marines really well). Stay at your board edge (in the middle depending on the terrain obviously), to compensate for the rather lacklustre arc of firing.

Monolith: use it to block movement lanes across the board and as a mobile sight blocker (don’t expect too much from its firepower and survivability), move at all times, even if just an inch or so.

Add nineteen warriors on foot (247) with a lord with res orb, scythe, and mindshackle scarabs (90pts)

This adds up to 2497 points.

You’ll have Imotekh, a destroyer lord, 39 warriors, 10 immortals, annihilation barge, doomsday ark, monolith, 5 destroyers, 3 wraith a c’tan shard, 7 scarabs and three lords

It is not the best list possible but it might work out pretty well with what you’ve got.

I'd advise you to get some crypteks (you can build different ones by combining a box of immortals and lychguard) and a ghostark as well as some eliminators and, of course some scarabs.

If you take a chronometron and some solar pulses, you'll see why.