12-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Shamelessly stolen from ZAlpha on Warseer:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124112&d=1325072408
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124111&d=1325072408
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124113&d=1325072408

Nostalgia just hit me in the back of the head.:(

Brakkart
12-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Gawd does that bring back memories, I didn't even play 40k back then, but I remember that box art. That is a lovely figure and I was already planning to make 2012 my first Games Day, now I have even more reason to go cos I want that! I'd have to convert it a bit though, get rid of that teardrop on the chest as I play Imperial Fists.

energongoodie
12-28-2011, 06:28 AM
This is really very nice. I have always wanted this model.

Brusilov
12-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Nice model and nice to see a mini for a well-known pose from the cover of the 2nd Ed. box.

Shame it's once again a Space Marine (when it's not a Fantasy model, it's a Marine. The last time I can remember a non-Marine model was Angkor Prok back in... 2002?)...

So overall a big Meh... especially considering what Games Day has become these past few years, at least in France where I live : no giant diorama, no info on upcoming releases, disappearance of the GD discount and only the clubs and associations trying to breathe life and a festive atmosphere into this event...

Sorry, it's rant time. I'm at work and bored out of my mind...

MarneusCalgar
12-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Nice one!!!

Bigred
12-28-2011, 11:08 AM
I like it, now you can just buy this and forget about 2nd Edition!

Also, homage pieces like this make me wonder if Blanche is going to retire soon?

Vaktathi
12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
mmm, yeah. As much as I normally dislike SM stuff and especially un-helmeted SM's, methinks I'll have to scab one of these guys off of ebay when they hit, that old box art is just too iconic and for what it is it's a decently done model.

If only 40k fluff still felt as awesome now as it did then.

DrLove42
12-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Well this is the first year I can't make GD (day afer I get married and all). Can now safely say i'm not gonna feel too bad missing the model.

SotonShades
12-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Oooo. I am looking forward to Games Day now, which I wasn't after last year. I could always do with another Space Marine with a Powerfist in my army :D

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
12-29-2011, 02:09 AM
Well i know a few people who would love that, do you think it would be available to Gamesday Australia too?

snikrot
12-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Hmm it might be the paint scheme but i am just not really feeling the model right now. i will just have see it in person i guess :)

eldargal
12-29-2011, 03:58 AM
It should be, as far as I know all the Games Days get them. What I'd like to know is whether or not attendence is compulsory, I'm not sure I can go next year and I would like this model just for the nostalgia.

Well i know a few people who would love that, do you think it would be available to Gamesday Australia too?

Col.Gravis
12-29-2011, 04:55 AM
now you can just buy this and forget about 2nd Edition!

Never, we still play it lol

It should be, as far as I know all the Games Days get them. What I'd like to know is whether or not attendence is compulsory, I'm not sure I can go next year and I would like this model just for the nostalgia.

If I remember correctly, though I've not been for several years, you get the model when you buy the ticket - at least in the UK. They have a stock of the models in store, and mail orders get sent them.

Monkey Tom
12-29-2011, 05:36 AM
Oh my days!!! That's an awesome model! I've always loved the 2nd edition box cover and have wanted to convert my own blood angel sergeant ever since Mike McVey converted on many many years ago. I don't think I'll bother now. This one is just too damn lovely! I've gone all a bit nostalgic again....

Archon
12-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Puh! Donīt like this guy in the artwork, neither like him as a miniaure. Too much 90tiz here.

Deadlift
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
I like it, now you can just buy this and forget about 2nd Edition!

Also, homage pieces like this make me wonder if Blanche is going to retire soon?

I dont think he ever will retire 100%, He is the kind of person that will always have an input somewhere and will always be an inspiration to the creative bods in the business.

As for the model, its very nice and as well as the paint scheme matches the old pic, the primary colours seem rather dated to me. Still a nice one to add to any collection.

Lexington
12-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Holy. Crap.

I'd fight a bear for that miniature, and be glad for the chance.

doom-kitten
12-29-2011, 11:09 PM
It's...well a marine with a powerfist and theres definitly not enough of them. To be honest I just thought it was a Sternguard or Vanguard painted up that way. Could be that I never played 2nd but the model looks out dated and it's a marine and we're not that short on those.

eldargal
12-29-2011, 11:39 PM
To many veterans 2nd edition represents the time we got into 40k, everything was shiny, new and exciting. The box art came to represent 40k and these sentiments. So when we see this model we get hit with a powerful feeling of nostalgia. Fact is 2nd edition wasn't that good as a wargame, terrible balance, game breaking wargear, slow clunky rules etc. But it was fun and we didn't know any better.:) This model is both a nod to veterans from GW (oh hey, we remember you chaps and appreciate your continued spending) and gives us a sense of owning a piece of iconic 40k art.

I've little interest in Space Marines, but I will still be getting this model simply for what it represents as aprt of the history of my hobby.:)

Wolfshade
01-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I may have to go to games day this year...or at least purchase a ticket...

I always wanted this guy after 2nd ed box. I've seen conversions of him in the past and was like awesome.

pgarfunkle
01-12-2012, 06:46 AM
I've thought about going to Games Day for the last couple of years but I think this year could definitely be the year I take the plunge.

The 2nd Ed boxed set was the 1st product I owed so having the model from the front would be amazing! :D

fuzzbuket
01-12-2012, 12:17 PM
damn so this year i have to go....... but i cant enter the youngbloods again....... but i only like painting.......

ill need to paint better then :D

-fuzz

p.s. what happened to hide and seek last year at GDUK :P

Psychosplodge
01-13-2012, 05:38 AM
p.s. what happened to hide and seek last year at GDUK :P

I'm still winning, you haven't found me yet have you?

gcsmith
01-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Hmm do i save money to go? and do i miss church to go to GD?

Wildeybeast
01-13-2012, 11:24 AM
and do i miss church to go to GD?

Without wishing to sound facetious, God is everywhere and you don't need to be at church to worship him. Whereas GD is very much restained to locality...

Brakkart
01-26-2012, 09:36 AM
There is a 360 degree spinning image of this figure on todays What's New blog on the GW website. Having seen it, I want this figure all the more.

Grailkeeper
01-26-2012, 11:54 AM
There is a 360 degree spinning image of this figure on todays What's New blog on the GW website. Having seen it, I want this figure all the more.

I actually want it less now. I never noticed that the blood angel was rockin' a serious mullet. It's spolit the image for me slightly